Check Hanoi Hotel Deals
Apricot Hotel Hanoi Reviews
Apricot Hotel Nov 04, 2016
This hotel was about 1.5 years old when I stayed with them recently. It took them 8 years to renovate.
The lobby was very grand and modern, slightly artsy and very welcoming. It is only 10 stories high and very comfortable although quite compact.
The size of the room was okay for this range of hotel, and it's not the hotel's selling point. What's good about this hotel, are the small things that make your stay comfortable, including:
- super comfy bed
- complete toiletries with super water pressure and shower, shampoo scent was one of the best compared to the other hotels I've stayed in, hair dryer, bathrobes, indoor slippers provided
- enough power sockets near the working table, next to the beds, and near the corridor
- more than enough hangers, iron provided, safety box provided
- modern TV with pre-set movies, LOTS of TV channels, pre-set music collection, games, etc...
- Very good lighting in every corner of the room
A few things I didn't like include:
- If your room is facing inside, the windows in the room look out to a small garden which separates the 2 blocks of building. In other words, if you don't lock your window, anyone could just walk into your room, regardless which floor you're in. Also, it overlooks the corridor, so better be sure you draw the curtains!
- What's worse is, if you keep the curtains open, and take a shower, anyone from the outside can look through! (try to figure it out based on the photos)
- The service wasn't great. They refused to let me keep the room key as souvenir, something I collect and had no trouble getting from all the other hotels I've stayed in, except Novotel in HK, who eventually gave it to me after giving me some eye rolls.
- The bellmen were trying hard to help, but somewhere along there was communication breakdown.
Location is excellent. It is in front of the Hoan Kiem Lake and is quite central. Surprisingly it was less congested than I had expected. There's a library (something like a Business Centre) on the 9th floor which was nicely done, but weird because it's actually at the corner next to the rooms. And on the 10th floor there's the pool and a rooftop bar with nice lake view.
I don't mind staying here again cos the location and comfort.
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!