Applecross Campsite Bed & Breakfast

enquiries@applecross-campsite.co.uk, Applecross, United Kingdom

Applecross Campsite Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
A little taste of home Jun 25, 2008
The Bed and Breakfast is located at the far side of the campsite, which itself has excellent facilities. I am sure booking ahead is possible, but I just dropped in at the superb campsite coffee shop and asked Colin, the slightly eccentric owner if he had a spare bed available on a bed and breakfast basis.

He assured me he that he had whilst treating himself to a pastry from the counter, perks of the job apparently. He explained that I needed to drive to the far side of the campsite and let his wife, Maureen know that I needed a room. I drove through the campsite via a short track and on arrival at the house it became clear that they just had a biggish house and had decided to let out their rooms to people like me, that had decided that I did not want to stay in a tent another night.

The room was cosy and the bed comfortable, what more could I ask for? There were also of course normal bathroom facilities, and although they were not en-suite they were very close. The facilities are exactly what you would expect from a couple just letting out their spare rooms, clean, cosy and exceedingly homely. The smell of fresh baking which seemed ever present throughout my stay was well worth the price alone.

I was not given a key, as there was not any need, they do not lock the front door or probably the back door for that matter! As I said the facilities of the campsite were impressive, with a great coffee shop, lots of pitches, some wooden cabins and the usual campsite facilities, showers, toilets and drying room. They kindly allowed me access to this to dry off my tent.

A full English style breakfast in the ‘morning room’ was the perfect start to the day, and just tasted superb, as only home cooking can. There was only one other guest and we enjoyed the convivial atmosphere and a good chat. We were then treated to a rant from Colin on the realities and economics of trying to run a business on rented property, and the lack of any attractive qualities in their landowners. Like I said he is a little eccentric, but a great character.

A fantastic little bed and breakfast, and well worth a visit, I know I will stay there if there is any availability next time I am in the very lovely Applecross.
Applecross Campsite Bed & Breakfast Map