Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

(559) 583-8084

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Hanford Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
waited too much Sep 03, 2013
We’ve dined twice at Applebee’s Restaurant in our town. We both ordered the “2 for $20 Menu” on both visits. The first visit went fine with some patience-stretching there while waiting to be seated. The steak I ordered was tender and quite flavorful. So we went back again.

By the way, “2 for $20 Menu”, is kind of like a budget dinner meal which includes 1 Appetizer and 2 Entrees. So for $20.00 you and your companion get an appetizer to share and two entrees, one for each person. The selections for appetizers are onion rings, mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, or spinach & artichoke dip. For the entrees, it varies daily. Drinks are not included.

There are four of us so we ordered 2 sets of the “2 For $20 Menu”. We ordered onion rings and mozzarella sticks for appetizers which when we tried it was flavorless. Surprisingly, the amount of serving for both appetizers was way more than what we expected. I thought maybe so that we will have enough until the entrees will be served when. And true enough, we waited forever before our entrée orders came. My husband, my son and I opted for the Sirloin Steaks with Caramelized Green Peppers and Chicken Alfredo for my daughter.

We were excited to slice the sirloin steak but to our disappointment, we had to wrestle to cut the meat with the dinner knife! And when we tasted it, man it was overcooked, hard and tasteless. We specified to make it “medium well” but it was really bad.

So besides the overcooked steak we had to wait a while to be seated, then another long wait for our food to serve on our table. The sodas are supposed to be ‘refill’ but the waitress did not even bother to ask if we need.

I'm not sure if there is a third time...
Ils1976 says: