Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Rates and Deals

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

oceanfrizz oceanfri…
“Good Location, Clean Hostel, But Share with 32 others in 1 room” Mar 18, 2013
I like this hostel the location is good, the place is clean, the only down part is the stairs are very narrow and stiff, is kinda hard to carry luggage up to the room, also the room had 16 bunk beds so will accommodate up to 32 people in 1 room, when I'm staying the room is fully booked and lack of locker/storage/cabinet making people put there stuff on the floor makes the room look messy, other than that this place is good enough for 1 or 2 nights!
CarpeDiemSW CarpeDie…
Two words: Free Yeungling! Jan 21, 2011
I had one night to kill in Philadelphia before it was on to my next adventure, and I wanted to stay at a hostel instead of paying for a hotel. I emailed the manager of Apple Hostel to make sure I could stay there as a US citizen because, while I am a student and resident of California, I strangely don't have a student ID. He was nice enough to let me stay with only a library card from my school, so everything worked out.

I had a great stay here, and would have loved to have stayed longer. Everything was modern, well kept, and clean. My bed was wonderful, the bathrooms accommodating, and the kitchen was great. I do recommend ear plugs as it's across the street from a bar that blasts very loud music, but if you forget to bring some, never fear because they have them at the front desk. My room itself was verrrry quiet; it was a big, all girl dorm, with 16 or 20 beds, but everyone was very polite and in bed by 10 pm, it was amazing! Probably the quietist hostel I've stayed at in terms of the guests, I slept beautifully!

The location was also great as it's right next to Penn's Landing, and a fairly short walk from the historic district.

They offer free cereal and milk in the mornings, free tea and coffee anytime, and free beer on movie nights. Plus, the beer is Yeungling, which is one of my favorites. Overall I'd say this is a great hostel, and while a bit pricey it's still a heck of a lot cheaper than staying at a hotel!
pletr pletr
the hostel to stay in Philly Jun 29, 2011
The location of this hostel is excellent, even though it's fronting an alley. It's a short walk from the independence park area of philadelphia, the most visited landmark of the city.

the lobby is very inviting with tv, books, magazines etc. The staff was very helpful and i appreciate their cheesesteak recommendation and the free map to get there. I stayed in the 16-bed dorm and it got too noisy at times, but that's to be expected at any hostel. The bathroom was huge and very well planned, with plenty of stalls to shower and a few toilet stalls. The kitchen area was nice as well, bright and quite popular witht he guests. It must be the free pasta they give away. Too bad it did not taste good. Lol i guess that's why it's free.

overall, i had a good stay at this hostel. It definitely has a great atmosphere and it shows by how much usage the common areas get. I would certainly recommend this to anyone and would definitely stay here again if i get the chance to return.
leelee24 leelee24
Jun 01, 2011
I think over priced for a hostel but good otherwise, wifi signal is good all over, kitchen is well kept and clean

Annoying there arent plug sockets next to the bed, and the air con is great downstairs but not so in the rooms. Even though i feel this is unacceptable i would stay here again as i liked it here anyway.
david197 david197
Affordable backpacker hostel Mar 03, 2011
This hostel is very clean and central. The staff r helpful and their weekly 'ghost tour' was very interesting. I recommend this place.
Cam85 Cam85
Sep 07, 2010
Ideal location with good facilities. Lots of social events offered to help with meeting new people. Would recommend this hostel to anyone. Located only two blocks to National Constitution center and most major tourist sights in the city. Staff were very helpful.
amy amy
Sanctuary in Killadelphia, Pennsylvania Aug 12, 2008
Apple Hostel: 32 Bank St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I stayed 3 nights at the Apple Hostel after it was recommended to me by a pair of Swedes back in New York City. It was definitely my favourite of all my US accommodations by far!

The staff were so great. They were always going out of their way to be helpful & fun! The owner was there to make sure the business was running the way he envisioned as he’d only bought it in the last 6 months or so.

I loved it. I found the setup made it really easy to meet people & they had tours & pub crawls put on by the staff. Everyone looked out for one another here. It had a really great atmosphere.

Although I found my experience to be one big party, the common room was on the ground floor & none of the noise could be heard upstairs in the doorms which made it a suitable hostel for those wanting to go to bed at reasonable times each night.

I think there may have been a kitchen in the basement area - I'm still unsure as I didn't really venture down there - but the hostel had a great level of security. Access to the dorms required two sets of security codes. The code to your specific dorm ie boys/girls/private would change each day.

I'm not too sure if I’ll go back to Philly again (what more is there to see after you've been once??), but if I do, I’ll stay at Apple again without a doubt.
marioke marioke
Affordable, clean and quiet Hostel Nov 27, 2008
It was definitely a good experience staying there. I stayed 4 nights in the beginning of November. I could say that The staff is for the most part was nice. They have movie nights which were cool. the kitchen is clean and spacious. The stairs rather narrow and hard to use when you are carrying bags but there is nothing they could do about it. It's located a couple of blocks from the Independence hall so that is great.

Apple Hostels of Amenities

• Air Conditioned
  • Bath / Hot Tub
  • Kitchenette
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels