Apple Hostel

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals

Apple Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

spicyricecake spicyric…
Small and Uncomfortable Stay Dec 08, 2013
During my trip to Hong Kong, I stayed in Apple Hostel, located in Chungking Mansions in the Tsim Sha Tsui area in Kow Loon. Since I got there by bus, I wasn't sure which way to go since the sign to Chungking Mansions wasn't clearly visible from the street. A nice heckler/stranger directed me to the building. The hostel was on the 10th floor of Block B, which wasn't hard to find.

I was greeted by the owner/manager of the hostel upon arrival, which was nice. I also encountered the cleaning lady during my stay, and she was nice enough to ask if I was feeling ok since I was in the room rather than out sightseeing (I was sick that day).

The room I got was a single bed room, but it was the smallest hostel room I had ever been in. I could just about touch my hands to both sides of the room. As soon as I walk in the room, I could touch the bed, there's just a small desk next to the bed. The bathroom is right next to the bed. But, I suppose for a single hostel room this isn't too bad. There's also a TV in the room, and the bed is about the only place you can watch it from.

The worst part about the room was that there was a communal bath room right next to it, and it smelled horrible from inside my room. As I was sick throughout most of my stay, unfortunately a great deal of time was spent in the room.

Chungking Mansions is a really busy part of Tsim Sha Tsui. Each day, when I enter and leave Chungking Mansions, I would get hecklers trying to get me to stay at another hostel. This got annoying fast, and I find it best to just ignore them and get out of there fast. Inside the mansions, there are many restaurants and food stands, mostly Indian or Pakistani. I also saw a lot of cell phone booths, with tech guys selling or fixing the newest Iphones and Galaxys. There are also Computers shops in which you can go in and use their Internet for a fee.

The area close to the Chungking Mansions is not too exciting for tourists. Within walking distance, the only place I could get to was the Avenue of Stars, which is like Hong Kong's star Walk of Fame, and the Hong Kong Art Museum. Everywhere else had to be reached by bus.
Apple Hostel entrance
Narrow room
Room with tv
Bathroom
callufrax says:
Wow. Your room was as big as this? I stayed there in September 2012. My room was smaller!
Posted on: Jun 08, 2014
murphy24 murphy24
Apple Hostel May 17, 2011
I have stayed at a number of different hostels at Chung King Mansion in Hong Kong and I have decided that Apple Hostel is the best bet for a consistently clean and comfortable stay. Now every time I go to Chung King I book with Apple. The people re very friendly, the rooms have been renovated recently and are always clean. I'm a big guy (6'5" or 196 cm) and they try to upgrade me to a double bed when they have empty rooms.

More than anything I really like the staff. Plus, they have some of the cheaper prices than other hostels you find on hostelworld.
doris1972 doris1972
Jan 31, 2011
Well it's small but adequate,but the people are small, even the Pringles are smaller here lol

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals