Woldstraat 67-67A, Meppel, Netherlands

Aphrodite Meppel Reviews

pms70 pms70
Greek Speciality Restaurant in need of speed but value for money Jun 29, 2008
This restaurant was recently taken over again by the original owner. He sold it a few years ago and the people that took over almost ran it into the ground. They then sold it back for a song if we are to believe the rumours.

In the past few months since the sale I have not eaten here but have gotten take-away a few times. The consistency in quality seems to be lacking somewhat, but two out of three times the food was really good. The main problem seems to be the speed at which things happen and the general feeling of chaos. One person seems to be doing so many things at once that he doesn't seem to finish one thing before moving onto the next. There seem to be plenty of staff in the front of house but I'm not sure about the kitchen. When I called to order my food I was told I could pick it up in half an hour by which time I was there only to have to wait for another 15 minutes.

Now, the food:

We have ordered the Mix Grill Aphrodite several times, which is a mixture of different dishes. They have this in several sizes: for 1, for 2 or for 4. When taking out I would reccommend going a size down from the amount of people you are feeding as it is very generous. Of course when you are eating in this is not possible. The dishes from the grill are all served with fried potatoes, rice and salad too. To me this is very good value for money! When dining in you will also be served with an Ouzo before dinner if you like.

The restaurant itself is a bit dark when you are seated away from the windows, and it has some booth seating as well as normal tables.

I will have to test this place again a few times to see how they'll improve their speed!

Check Meppel Hotel Deals