Apache Trail

Apache Trail

Apache Trail Reviews

wrldadventurer wrldadve…
My trip on the Apache Trail Apr 05, 2008
I went on a tour on Apache Trail this past weekend and it was amazing! We saw some wonderful sites of mountains, cacti and a beautiful lake! This truly felt like the “Southwest”.

My favorite part was the ghost town of Goldfield. We were able to pick up some nice southwestern items. They had a place that you could dress in southwestern wear and get your picture taken…I convinced on of my friends to this as a silly memory. We had a blast! The town had many interesting old attractions like an old mill, an old car, different kinds of equipment and variety of other things. We stopped at a saloon for a drink and captured some pictures. There were plenty of interesting things to take pictures of in the town. We even got to go to a reptile museum that had indigenous snakes, lizards, scorpions and spiders. It was quite interesting to be able to see all the animals, but in a safe environment.

We also stopped at a little town with a population of 6 that was an old stage-coach stop. I had an opportunity to have some sarsaparilla. It tasted a lot like root beer, but stronger in flavor and got some Prickly Pear Cactus ice cream; it was quite good!

Another destination on this trip was a beautiful lake called Canyon Lake and on a dirt road that had fantastic scenery! I cannot even describe the beautiful sites we saw on our journey. This day was a full southwest experience!

(I used a tour company called Open Road Tours that I had used before and I have always had good experiences with them!)
Goldfield Ghosttown