Aonang Buri Resort

Aonang Buri Resort Rates and Deals

Aonang Buri Resort Krabi Reviews

newtampo newtampo
Noisy hotel Jan 08, 2009
Usually the month that I’ve been to Krabi should be the high season of the year. The Islands or the sea on Andaman coast are really beautiful during that time. But if you remember, we had a problem about the airport that was closed by the mob so I don’t think that there would be much more tourists in the next two weeks. Because most of people canceled the flights, some that can’t go back home - thought that they wouldn’t come back again maybe two – three years so I didn’t need to make a reservation, I thought.

We supposed to go to Railay but we changed minds. We took a taxi which cost about 400 THB to the top of Ao Nang area. It’s quiet more than the middle of Aonang yes. We went to the Hotel that Ale stayed there last time. He said it’s nice. I don’t remember the name it’s next to Ao Nang Buri Resort. We thought we could find a place like 1,000-1,500THB per night but no, it doesn’t!

It was “2,300 THB per night”.

“What!”

They said “now it’s a peak season”.

What?!

Of course not!

If they said “High season” that is more make sense! How can it be a peak season?! People wanted to go home after they stuck in Thailand for a while after the airport closed.

But the staff didn’t care anyway. No discount or anything. We said bye … find the other ones.

After walked for a while, those places are only 2,500THB up. The most expensive one is 5,600THB per night! Oh my ..!

We’re back to Ao Nang Buri resort. At the first sight, the staffs are nice and friendly and polite. The room isn’t bad. We have the swimming pool view. The price was 3,000THB. Ale said it’s ok to stay here. I agreed too so we asked for the discount and all of us agreed at 2,500THB. We’re ok but it’s expensive anyway.

Just only two rooms were free. One near the stair, another one is at the corner. They recommended us to stay near the stair because the corner room is smaller and doesn’t have a good view. But we told them that we don’t like the noisy place. If people walked back home (we got the second floor), we could hear them. Especially in the morning, we needed a break. We came for a vacation so we needed to relax and woke up when we wanted to do. We don’t want to wake up by the noise of shoes or people yell on the hall way.

The staff said “Don’t worry, I can guarantee to both of you that there’s no noise. The guests will take the elevator. And you won’t hear anything outside if you’re in the room, so you’ll be fine with it.”

Ok, if she guaranteed, we believed.

But hell no, the next morning we woke up at 7.30am because some people talked and ran and played outside out loud. Ale went out to see. They are not the customers but they are the hotel staff who played with each other out loud. Ale told them to stop and respect people who are now asleep because it was just 7.30am. They said sorry sorry and laughed. We wanted to give them the second chance. So we didn't say anything much.

The second morning, again! They dragged some thing on the floor and ran and played with each other and laughed and shouted and This time Ale shouted at them and went down to complain the manager directly. They apologized. But you know, I think they should take care of this thing more than this. Not just do it then say sorry. They work in a hotel. They should know what is good to do and what isn’t. We thought customers would make a noise if they’re just back in the late at night or wake up early to dive but they are nice. Just only the staffs that made a mess!

If they didn't tell us that they guaranteed that there isn't noisy that would be better than just say it but can't do it! But if you don't mind about the noise, it's ok to stay there I think. But I do care. I felt bad that I spent 2,500THB per night for this!

I can say that the hotel looks good, the restaurant is alright. The room is clean. The swimming pool is wonderful. But it was just only the noise of the staff who didn’t think about the customer at all.

Hope they can fix it and hope they respect the customers more than this.
Our room
Happy ending (my kind of movie)!! :D
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009
newtampo says:
Thanks you Jeremy!

P'Daj : Haha I forgot to tell. Yes, the third morning was great, quiet indeed! And that was the last day we stayed there :)
Posted on: Jan 10, 2009
stabber911 says:
So what happen after complain? Noise again?
Posted on: Jan 10, 2009
redzzed redzzed
Ao Nang Buri Dec 07, 2005
Four star accomodation , popular with europeans , located 'around the corner' from Krabi itself .It is on the seafront and a 1 minute walk onto the beach. You can also book local tours there , washing service was cheap and regular.There was a small safe in my room , it overlooked the pool,which has 'no diving' policy , The room i was in was ensuite and had a tv which allowed me to watch some live english football games (at 02:00 am).

I stayed bed and breakfast ,it was done in buffet style , help yourself .

Friendly staff , speak english quite well .

This area was not affected by the Tsunami , the sea is too shallow there , you can walk out over 100 yards and still only be up to your waist .The sea floor is slightly muddy/clayish

Aonang Buri Resort Overview

The Aonang Buri Resort Krabi is located about five minutes away from the tourist center of this island, Ao Nang Beach. In this area one will find numerous opportunities for diversions including scuba diving, lounging on the beach, exploring the island's temples, and, of course, shopping and dining. This provider of Krabi accommodation is located closest to Nopparattara Beach. From the Aonang Buri Resort Krabi, it is an approximately 30-minute drive to the Krabi airport.

All 70 guestrooms at the Aonang Buri Resort Krabi are air-conditioned. Among the standard amenities included in every room are direct-dial telephone service with international calling, satellite television service, a minibar, and a private bath. The private baths feature a separate tub and shower.

The Aonang Buri Resort Krabi includes among its amenities a restaurant that serves Chinese, Western, and Thai food along with the barbecued seafood which is one of the most popular choices on this island. The hotel also offers its guests access to a swimming pool and trip-planning services.

Aonang Buri Resort Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower