Antonio al Pantheon

0746 203238

Antonio al Pantheon Rome Reviews

valdano7007 valdano7…
Little place with big flavour Jan 17, 2011
I read about this place in the New York Times Travel section.

My grilfriend and I had seen this place packed every night since we arrived in Rome, and we decided to get in line, the one formed outside the little locale, and wait for our turn to get in.

We were surprised to find out that as we waited, a waiter came and gave us a glass for wine. Then we were invited to walk to a big barrel with a faucet and self-serve white or red wine. It was free of charge and felt like a nice gesture for having us standing outside waiting for our turn to dine. That was a nice gesture.

Once inside, the place seated three people were only one should seat. But it didn't matter, because as soon as we sat, a cart with prosciutto being freshly cut and served arrived at our table.

I ordered pasta, while my wife had salad and meat. Everything was nice, although it felt a little undercooked (too many people to feed?).

Anyway the place is not for the close minded, as impeccably clean floors and elegant manners are definitely not observed like in other countries.

Being from Mexico, I kind of felt familiar with a packed place, with lots of noise and people walking and shouldering clients as they tried to serve the dishes while they were still hot. Can this place be more Italian?

Check Rome Hotel Deals