Antique Hotel Rachmaninov

Antique Hotel Rachmaninov Rates and Deals

Antique Hotel Rachmaninov Saint Petersburg Reviews

anastasiaig anastasi…
Perfectly located home base Jul 27, 2013
I was so happy with my experience at this B&B. The location was perfect, I could see the Sunday procession out of Kazan Cathedral from the breakfast room balcony. There is no elevator, but the stairs are shallow and easy to climb. After a much less satisfactory stay in a hotel/hostel in Madeira, Portugal I was very nervous about an unfamiliar privately owned hotel, but the Rachmaninov exceeded my expectations. The staff, especially Sonya and Alexandra were SO helpful in all stages of my trip and all the staff were kind and helpful. The ladies spoke excellent English, and quickly handled my visa invitation and deposits, answered every email promptly and fully, arranged for my transport from the airport, and Sonya even threw in travel tips and one huge unexpected benefit/comp after one day I was hotel-bound due to a sprained ankle that she made my trip more enjoyable despite the loss of one day. Very comfortable bed, quiet sleep, perfect size room for me. Great water pressure/shower spray and hot/cold - although the shower stall in my room was inches too small and next time I will definitely ask for a larger stall/tub room. The art was lovely, as were the antiques, and breakfast was plentiful and with a wide enough variety to make any reasonable person happy. I cannot recommend the Rachmaninov enough for singles or couples. I personally wouldn't want kids around, as quiet is preferred in this more intimate setting and there are larger hotels for families. I'll try to add more later if I missed anything.
viajeroh viajeroh
A refugee of Art, Peace and Armony in the centre of Saint Petersbourg May 19, 2011
Sometimes we go to a hotel looking for a rest in our walks inside to the citie,s monuments, highlights, fast life, amenieties; then we come back to see the city.

When I discovered the insides of this hotel, I didn,t feel the need of loosing myself again in the lights of the city. I felt that I wanted to pass more time in this place. And - i can asure - no many hotels make me stop in my avid need of discovering and feeling new sites.

Apart of their good facilities, wich turn this hotel into unique, are the paintings in their sitting rooms. More, the lovely paintings of russian artist in every door of the rooms- in this building was living Rachmaninov-. And more especially even, the collecction or paintings that this hotel exhibits in halls. This time there was an exhibit from different artist called "Angels" wich enchanted the atmosphere in a very especial way.

This hotel provide -in my humble opinion- an exceptional quality in rooms, the saloons are classsic style, with relaxing and beautiful paintings. A place for resting and feeling the best of ourselves.

Like brought by this atmosphere, the treat of the reception personal, was incredibly nice, easygoing and kind -something that, in this days of rude and standard-boring-globalizated modals in all the world-, has an unforgateable value which give us an exceptional plus..

Antique Hotel Rachmaninov Overview

A Boutique hotel, the Rachmaninov is situated in the very center of St. Petersburg near Nevsky Prospekt and Kazan Cathedral. It combines the museum area with a homely coziness, the sophisticated atmosphere of the Silver Age with contemporary Bohemian chic. The owners of the hotel possess a unique collection of antiques and they also constantly replenish the hotel art collection with contemporary paintings and photography. Since its doors opened, the Rachmaninov has become a very popular hotel. Among the guests you can see celebrities, people of culture, consulate representatives, politicians and businessmen who are interested in art. On the fifth anniversary of the hotel famous St. Petersburg artists painted the doors of the rooms in the hotel with their fantasies based on the music of the famous Russian composer, after whom the hotel is named. The hotel also possesses a photo-gallery , the Rachmaninov garden, which is situated in the tranquil little courtyard. This is also very popular and distinguished. Each room of the hotel has its own unique style. The upper floor belongs to the antique hotel, where the guests can enjoy St. Petersburg atmosphere. In the lower floor the rooms are all decorated by designers and the interior of each room is a continuation of the painting which we can see on the door of it. This Hotel has become an art object famous in the city. The London edition of Phaidon recommends the Rachmaninov in its guidebook as a respectable place to stay in St. Petersburg. Here the guests always feel as if they are at home. In winter the hotel opens a little art studio where the guests can try drawing with pastel, watch rare documentary films and look through the unique painting and photography albums. Friendly and attentive staff will help you to feel at home in our hotel and in St. Petersburg. The services for the guests in the hotel Rachmaninov include all the needs of a tourist, We offer you a hall where you can hold a press-conference, seminar, training or a friendly supper. The hotel, situated in the former commercial house, carefully looks after the room where Rachmaninov spent some time of his youth. The layout of the hotel looks like an art gallery and this is not accidental here the exhibitions of different artists regularly take place.

Antique Hotel Rachmaninov Amenities

• Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Ballroom
  • Exhibit Space
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower