Antigua Street Scenes Nov 4-12th , 2012

Antigua, Guatemala

Antigua Street Scenes Nov 4-12th , 2012 Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
In Honor of the Peoples of Antigua, Guatemala Sep 21, 2013
Time allows for reflection and thus memories actually become more personal and intense.

Back in 2012, opportunity knocked at my door and I was able to live in Antigua, Guatemala for some ten weeks. It became my home base in Central America.

Antigua was perfection because of its historical setting. But, its international ambiance as an UNESCO World Heritage site made me stop, take notice and then ponder the whole of Guatemala. My eyes started to see more than just the surface of history. After weeks I felt that not only was I walking in history, but that I understood the pulse beating.

What became most interesting, was the sheer diversity of humanity in Antigua. Visitors, Mayan day workers, and world residents all walk the path of the ancients, like some massive painting. This UNESCO heritage site simply draws people from all over the world. I was blessed to be able to walk slowly, to see and understand and relate to many people. It was an experience that I long to re-create and will later in this year.

Diversity creates a rich visual landscape for any photographer.We all have our favourite subjects from architecture to flowers, to the simple " I was here " photos. Most intriguing to me is always the street scenes.

One can sit in Parque Centrale ( the Central Park) of any Central or South American location, for hours and just observe life unfolding. After just a few minutes you feel the pulse of the city. That is a feature of Central and South America that has remained constant fore me.

As a photographer, I am constantly rewarded with many visual, memorable moments, many smiles, much humor and many thought provoking scenes.Many people stop top talk, and friendships are made and expanded.

Antigua, is no different. Life is always unfolding on many levels. One just has to stop, take a moment, breathe and observe. The results at times, are far from expected and simply electric.

Many of my photographs are taken in Black and White to enhance the dynamic nature of the subject or increase the sensitivity. As time goes by, I feel the power of expression given in Black and White photography. The format forces me to make a photo stand on its own merits and be judged by content and not color.

Normal people, doing normal things reward me many ,many times. I do hope you enjoy my slice of life in Antigua.

Antigua Guatemala, is not just a place..it is an event unfolding......It calls me back for more.....always !
On his way to work, to circuit the…
The costume/apparel was quite inte…
Two park photographers, who are wa…
Local shoe shine young men...bored…
Chokk says:
Congrats on your feature :)
rsvpme says:
Cicie...it seems that people always make the place alive.I guess you already know that from your wharf review. Thanks for the congrats !
rsvpme says:
Yuyun..Thanks, appreciate your recognition.

Check Antigua Hotel Deals