Antico Panada

Antico Panada Rates and Deals

Antico Panada Venice Reviews

narcymai narcymai
More than expected May 25, 2012
I stayed in this hotel on February 10, 2012 during the masked carnaval season. This three star hotel was affordable for me and didn't seem too shabby from the reviews. I didn't expect too much from the hotel when I booked it, seeing all of the reviews and amenities that the place had to offer.

Searching for the hotel was a little difficult for my friend that I was supposed to meet up with there. However, I found it almost right away. It is tucked in a small street, but it is very conveniently located right next to San Marco's square and close to everything else that was happening with the carnaval.

I loved the room that we got. Sure, the two twin beds were pushed together to appear as one gigantic bed, but the room was adorable. The curtains were red, matching the carpet and giving the room a more romantic feel. The furniture didn't look brand spanking new, but I liked it because it gave the room a more antique Venetian feel to it.

The best part for me was the service that the hotel gave. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the front desk agent working that night, but he was extremely helpful and friendly.

Among all of the amenities including wifi, the bar, restaurant, complimentary breakfast, and the cool room, I would stay here again simply for the service.
robzvoice robzvoice
Hotel Panada Dec 20, 2008
Well about the only thing going for this hotel is that it's a stone's throw away from the Piazza di San Marco place.

Since I was single traveler, I naturally was given this particular room (see photos). The room in general looked nice with it's special theme.

If you look closely at the wallpaper, you can see where it's peeling at the edges a little. The room smells like cigarette smoke...even more so in the evening. I think the cigarette smoke permeates the room from another room or rooms occupied by smokers.

The bed was not comfortable at all. I found out that the cushiony chair was a sleeper chair so I folded out the bed the second night I was there and slept better on it than I did the actual bed.

The bathroom was clean but a little small for the toilet, bidet, and sink that were situated so closely to each other.

The TV is wall-mounted up very high and situated to where you can only lay on the bed to comfortably look up to view it.

There is no mini bar in the room. There is a wardrobe containing a small safe to lock your valuables should you require it.

Breakfast is free and starts at 7am every morning. They have bread, cold-cuts, yogurt, cereal, and orange juice. They can serve you coffee or cappucino if you like. The lobby and the front desk is of modest size. The lobby and front desk has this sewer smell. When you go up either via elevator or stairs, it smells like cigarette you have your choice of smells to tolerate.

This was a place to rest my head and leave my bags while touring the area so it was adequate for me. I can see where they can improve on some stuff though. Customer service varies on who's working at the front desk.

Antico Panada Overview

The Antico Panada overlooks the Calle degli Specchieri and is near many of the city’s artistic and historic sites, exclusive boutiques and famous stores. St Mark's Square is nearby, and the Grand Canal can be accessed easily from this Venice hotel. The Antico Panada is easily accessible to the rest of the city and airport via canal boats, as well as city buses.

Featuring 50 guestrooms decorated with antique furniture, Murano lamps, and damask bedspreads and drapes, the Antico Panada has many modern amenities to make your stay comfortable. Satellite TV, direct-dial phones, air conditioning, in-room safes, turn-down service and a hairdryer are available in all the rooms.

A comfortable, family environment, the Antico Panada provides 24-hour front desk, concierge, multilingual staff, safe deposit box, babysitting, and limited room service. The lobby is decorated with Oriental rugs and upholstered sofas and chairs, and complimentary Continental buffet breakfasts are served each morning.

Antico Panada Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower