Antelope Truckstop American and Indian Restaurant

Antelope Truckstop American and Indian Restaurant Burns Reviews

CallzmlikeICzM Callzmli…
Finally Indian food in Cheyenne area! Oct 16, 2011
(307) 547-3355 6 AM - 8:30 PM M-F 6AM - 8 PM Sat & Sun

Authentic "home style" Indian restaurant that also serves some "American fare" for those who prefer it. Has vegetarian and flesh food options. Everything is homemade from scratch including their yogurt.

This is not "Americanized Indian like, but the real deal." Not every item on menu is available every day, but what they have has always been good when I've been there. Each item on the menu we've had has been distinct in flavor as opposed to "variations on a theme." I highly recommend their samosas which come smothered in cholay (chick-pea curry) topped with yogurt, tamarind chutney, and peppers!

If you find food is spicier than your liking, try adding some yogurt to your curry and enjoy! Flatbreads are made fresh to order. The chai and other drinks most excellent. They also have wonderful traditional deserts. Prices are very modest for these kinds of treats.

They do have a smoking section which is sufficiently separated from the main dining area that it does not intrude on non-smokers (like us). If it did, we would have never tried the place out.

The truck stop is run by either a small community (or really large extended family) from India (Punjab region) and many of the people working or eating there speak mostly their native language. They are very polite and help with explaining the delightful dishes they serve.

We are really enjoying having wonderful Indian food only 15 minutes from our home instead of having to drive to Ft. Collins or Denver. The atmosphere is a humble mixture of small, rural, truck stop, and stepping in to a local diner in Punjab. Take exit 386 off of I-80. It's the only place out there.

5 stars for authentic food

4 stars for service (variable)

3 stars for atmosphere (it's a truck stop)

5 stars for value

Aloo Gobi
Dahl
esterrene esterrene
Surprisingly good!! Jun 08, 2010
Passed this place a few times and was always hesitant about eating Indian food in a rural truckstop.. FInally I decided to give it a try and it definitely surprisingly good!

The place reminded me of any other mom and pop truck stop dinner complete with a list of available pies.. The only difference was that in additions to your typical American truck dinner foods, like chicken fingers and omelettes, there is also a page of the menu dedicated to Indian dishes..

The food was very cheap and satisfyingly tasty! I ordered Dal with rice and samosas.. The samosas alone were a meal topped with Choley puri and fresh cut salad veggies! I thought the Dal was a bit bland and soupy at the restaurant, so I took it to go and found that it was much more flavorful and thicker later on in the evening..

Def will be returning the next time I am in Eastern WY
Antelope truck stop. The restauran…
Samosas with Choley Puri on top! V…
Dal and fresh veggies
interior
CallzmlikeICzM says:
I was driving back to Cheyenne from Nebraska and my wife said, "It looks like there is a sign saying there's an Indian restaurant at the [Antelope] truck stop." This surprised us both. When we got home I searched on-line and found your review. Thanks to you we found a wonderful place only 15 minutes from our home we've enjoyed many times since. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Posted on: Oct 16, 2011
Lord_Mike says:
Hilarious to find such a place in eastern Wyoming! Congratulations on your feature!!!
Posted on: Jun 12, 2010
Globevoyager says:
Congrats on your featured review!!
Posted on: Jun 11, 2010