Antelope Slot Canyon Tours

928-645-5594

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours Page Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
One and a Half Hour Tour of Upper Slot Canyon Aug 26, 2010
We toured the Antelope Slot Canyon recently on a 4 day weekend to Utah. We made a stop in Page and made a last minute decision to go to Antelope canyon. We used the very first tour company we came across. the company is callded Antelope Slot Canyon tours located right on Lake Powell Boulevard. The provided us with a great guide who knew his job quite well. The visit was unforgettable in many ways.

They do pick ups from hotels, but since we were right at their office, we bought the tickets and decided to have lunch for an hour prior to the tour. They took us on a fifteen minute drive over paved roads before we hit the unpaved, dirt road all the way to the canyon entrance.

You always want to get a guide who know what he is doing, or else do a self guided tour. The cost was quite reasonable for the 3 of us. We paid a total of $80. Our guide was a Native American/ navajo man who knew what he was doing. From listening to him, one could tell he has done the tour many, many times. He was quite versed with the canyon, it's walls and light beams and what months and time of day is best to see them.

I must compliment him for also being an incredible photographer. He did help members of our party in taking some of the more delicate shots inside the canyon.

The negative part of this review has nothing to do with the tour company, it had to do with the road from the main raod to the Canyon entrance. The open jeep ride felt like punishment, I'm not exaggerating.

PRICE:For a one and a half hour tour.

$32 per Adult

$20 Per child 12 years and below

You can contact them for reservations at:

Telephone: 928-645-5594. Dial +001 if dialling from outside of the United States.
Boston_Babe Boston_B…
Great guides are helpful and friendly on this must see tour! Sep 14, 2010
After reading about Antelope Slot Canyon I knew it was a place I simply had to see. I did my usual research and ended up booking with Chief Tsosie's company which is called "Antelope Slot Canyon Tours" not to be confused with any other tours which have similar names. The other tour companies weren't highly rated, but Chief Tsosie's gets great reviews. There are different tour options. The basic 1.5 hour tour is $32/adult and $20/child; and the photography, extended, or star gazing tours are $50/adult and $35/child. No doubt I was booking the photography tour! It is a little longer lasting 2.5 hours and your guide works hard to help you get that perfect shot.

We met at Chief Tsosie's storefront in the center of Page which is very easy to find. Before we left we were treated to a native dance that was spectacular! They do suggest tips afterwards in a no-pressure sort of way.

After the dance, one of the tour guides assigned everyone to a vehicle by calling last names which was a little hard to hear and a little unorganized. Us photographers were grouped together in one truck and it was a tight squeeze! Some vehicles are big enclosed SUV's but of course we got one of the open-air pick-up trucks which are modified with metal bench seats on each side and thick bars that go up to support a roof. It was pretty hilarious bouncing down the highway and then REALLY bouncing over the sand dunes when we neared the canyon. I was surprised it was legal because we were just in the back on those benches, open-air, no enclosures, and no seat belts. We really had to hold on tight. I was chewing gum and by the time we got to the canyon I was chewing sand, too!

We exited the trucks and the canyon entryway stood tall before us, a dark and mysterious narrow opening. We walked into a beautiful creation of nature that is hard to describe. The sunlight above streams down through the narrow openings in the ceiling way above. It casts such a warm glow that lights up the sienna, orange and red colored walls.

The ground is a soft, powdery golden sand. The walls looked like they were carved by an artist. Curves, waves, patterns, lines...it was truly a wonder to see!

This canyon is a very popular tourist attraction so it can get VERY crowded and some of the passageways are as narrow as a few feet. But our guide was one tough cookie and she made people move! She'd help all of us photographers get set up for a shot by telling us where to shoot and the best settings for the lighting and then get the other tour groups to move on or hold them back from passing in front of us. She was so helpful. She even brought a small plastic shovel and she'd toss some sand into the air to fill the beams of light. It was great! Oh, one HUGE tip that I wish I knew: the sand is so fine and it's floating all around in there, so definitely bring a bandanna or even a surgical mask (which some groups had) to cover your nose and mouth. It's not unbearable but you're breathing it in and obviously it's not ideal. But, hey, I survived ;)

A few tips for photographers interested in going on this tour: You absolutely need a tripod otherwise don't bother. If you have a shutter release cable that's even better because it minimizes camera shake. Also, bring a blower brush and make sure your batteries are charged and you have lots of free space on your memory cards.
We were in the truck on the right
The entrance to Antelope Slot Cany…
Photographers in the canyon
cotton_foam says:
your review is very good --informative and helpful! we were there two weeks ago and I agree with you the canyon is amazing! it look like a huge canvass infront of me! only that its nature-made!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2013

Related Travel Blogs About Antelope Slot Canyon Tours

Touring Antelope Slot Canyon in Page
The Antelope Slot Canyon in Page, which is in Northern Arizona is a remarkable natural occurrence.  I had heard about these "type" of canyon's from magazines but was only aware of one in Ch…Antelope Slot Canyon in Page, which is in Northern Arizona is a remarkable natural occurrence.  I had heard about these "type" of canyon's from magazines…
Antelope Slot Canyon
For our last day in Page, I had booked a tour to see Antelope slot canyon. After much research, I ended up booking with Chief Tsosie's company which is called "Antelope Slot Canyon Tours" not to…Antelope Slot Canyon Tours" not to be confused with any other tours which have similar names. The other tour companies didn't have good reviews, but Chief Tsosie…
Exploring sacred Navajo land
After spending an hour or so at Lake Powell, we headed into Page. We stopped at the Antelope Slot Canyon Tours shop, where the owner Chief Ray Tsosie directed us across the street for a sandwich lunc…Page. We stopped at the Antelope Slot Canyon Tours shop, where the owner Chief Ray Tsosie directed us across the street…

Check Page Hotel Deals