Antelope Island State Park

801-773-2941

Antelope Island State Park Salt Lake City Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
To meet the bisons Oct 29, 2011
When we have been in Salt Lake City,there is a big event "600 bison's roundup" at Antelope island. It must see once by my own eyes in my life.

The Great salt lake is very quiet lake,this is why that lake has rich salt water like 8times of the sea so any kind of fishes are impossible to alive there. May cloud weather helped feel seems like it very dark atmosphere there I never saw like that lake before.

We visited the visitor center at first,there are some photos of animals and birds.

It's quite big island,we explored a whole day there. The old farm like historic place is very nice as they shows many old stuffs and you can touch horses too.

When we move to the place,we saw some bison in the grass.A big bison is forceful to see closer,but never saw they round up with crowed.

There is a small restaurant but running only summer season. Usually this season(The end of October)doesn't open but there is a holiday and good weather so only that day they opened the restaurant. We wanted try bison meat but it already sold out. I've very curios about tasting the water of the lake. We walked to the beach and get to the water...yes,it was too much salty! Some small creature alive there. No wave,no breath, it makes very quiet.

At the sunset time,there is beautiful color of the sky! I guessed that salty water may makes this color too. It worth to visit see by your own eyes.
Quiet lake
Where is a bison...
yasuyo says:
HAHAHAHA!! Mike!! I recommend you to visit there because I know you love to animals:D hehehe!
Well,thank you so much bringing us and spent such a nice moments at the beautiful island:) By the way,was that sausage made by Baison?
yasuyo says:
Thank you for the congrats,everyone! Glad to hear from you all:D
sarahelaine says:
Congratulations on the feature! It sounds magical :)

Check Salt Lake City Hotel Deals