Antarctica Expedition '11

Antarctica Expedition '11 Reviews

grgeous grgeous
Antarctica Expedition '11 Apr 10, 2011
This is a journey that everyone dreams about. Luckily, I had my little Antarctica expedition started in beginning of January this year. We had a total of 12 landings in 10 days to see the beauty of Antarctica. The programs were outlined to us on-board the ship to keep us busy. The attraction I liked the most was the visit to Port Lockroy where I was able to send postcards to my loved ones. Imagine having a post office in such an isolated place was really an amazing experience. Moreover, I got to swim in one of the "so called" beaches where the temperature was recorded 0.3 degree. Well, forget about the talking and beauty spotting while inside the water because it was so ICY cold! I had to get out of the water in seconds before I turned into the ice. The most beautiful creature to spot in Antarctica was the variety of beautiful penguins (mostly Chinstrap and Gentoo). It was amazing to see them building their lovely nests patiently. Although we did not get to see the Emperor Penguins but Antarctica is such a unique place where you must go while it is still exists!
Care for a swim in a 0.3 degree ce…
Antarctica Map