Anse des Châteaux

Anse des Chateaux, Guadeloupe

Anse des Châteaux Anse des Chateaux Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A stunning view Apr 29, 2012
Anse des Chateaux is the most eastern point of Grande Terre and is situated about 10 km further east of Saint Francis. Getting out there following the road along the water was surprisingly long. When we finally arrived we were lucky to find a parking space close to the water at the small car park.

There were quite many people out there and it was clear that it was one of the most popular attractions on the Grand-Terre. Next to the parking there were many vendors selling all kinds of juices and ice with fruit flavors.

When we arrived the weather was quite unstable and it was clear that we were going to have some rain showers. We walked towards the amazing cliffs and the battering water in the heavy wind and we just reached the edge to view the cliff when the rain ponded down. I managed to take shed behind some low threes with large leaves. The threes kept my camera free from raindrops and I just managed to see that Babs ran all the way back behind the car parking where they had some sheds.

The rain didn’t last that long and I went back to the stunning view where Atlantic Ocean pounded in over the rough cliffs; the strong wind swept the Anse des Chateaux creating waves accordingly that 2 seconds kept on crashing into the cliffs bringing salt in the air. The vegetation on the rock was also subject to perpetual wind, so everything was formed by the wind and leaning towards west.

Anse des Chateaux is a must to see in Guadeloupe. Babs who can’t see a steep hill without forcing it climbed the small hill called “the Morne Pavilion” to the top where there is are a large cross.

From everywhere you can see the island of Désirade, but how clear depend on the weather. I was amazed of the bird life at some of the large free standing rocks that stood a couple of hundred meters from the point of Anse des Chateaux.
Anse des Chateaux

Compare Saint-Francois Hotel Rates (9.5km away)

Anse des Chateaux Map