Annmarie Garden

13480 Dowell Road, Solomons, MD, USA - (410) 326-4640
Annmarie Garden - at the entrance
Annmarie Garden - handprints of the founders
Annmarie Garden - see the clock?
Annmarie Garden - Tuliptree branch detail

Annmarie Garden Solomons Reviews

diisha392 diisha392
Sep 08, 2007
I ranked this sculpture garden as life-changing because in addition to being a beautiful place, it changed my perspective on modern art. I was not a fan of modern art, but seeing these sculptures set among nature has made me want to go to a modern art museum and see more.

The little details are what made Annmarie Garden special. While the major art pieces (some on loan from the Hirshhorn in DC) received the most attention, I enjoyed searching for the subtle aspects of the garden such as the tiles on the Talking Benches or the colorful paintings on a few of the trees. The scavenger hunt definitely kept me interested.

I visited Annmarie Garden on a quiet weekend. Throughout the year Annmarie hosts seven or eight major events; next weekend is Artfest when dozens of artists will be on-site with examples of their work to sell. I recommend making your first visit on a quiet day; without many tourists around, I was able to take my time and truly enjoy the artwork.

Annmarie Garden is fully handicap-accessible. I passed several strollers and one wheelchair during my walk. It is also pet-friendly if you are looking for somewhere new to exercise your dog.

Although the garden is free, a $2 donation is recommended for adults (children free).
at the entrance
handprints of the founders
see the clock?
Tuliptree branch detail
missandrea81 says:
I'm always looking for new things to do in this area. Thanks for sharing your impressions!
Posted on: Jan 29, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Annmarie Garden

Artwork under the Trees
Having lived in Calvert County for over two years, I decided it was time to start visiting some of the local tourist sites.  First up: Annmarie Garden in Solomons in the deep south of the county…Annmarie Garden in Solomons in the deep south of the county.  The focus of this garden is not the beauty…

Check Solomons Hotel Deals