Annie's Paramount Steak house

(202) 232-0395

Annie's Paramount Steak house Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Eh, I ate there and now I'm done Mar 10, 2012
I ate here March 2012 and was invited by a friend of mine. She picked the place and because it was Lent, I couldn't have meat, but ended up there on a Friday. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since they had other things on the menu.

Annie's Paramount Steak House is just east of Dupont and parking can be difficult. If you happen to find a spot directly on 17th, be sure to pay the meter machine, get a receipt and put it on your dashboard. If you park on a side street, you might either have to have change to feed to meter or be prepared to move your car in 2 hours.

There was ample seating a glass encased dining room in the front and I didn't get a chance to see anything in the rear. The table was small for 2 people and as dinner progressed, we did indeed have problems trying to move around silverware, glassware, plates and condiments.

The calamari was good and my friend ordered a wedge salad with bacon and dressing and for $5, it was enormous! I ordered crabcakes and she had a buffalo chicken sandwich (yeah, yeah, I know, neither of us ordered steak at a steak house!)

My crabcakes were too salty, the mash potatoes were too bland and there was no seasoning on my asparagus! My meal was disappointing. The wine was good, we ordered a German Reisling and at least that was delightful. My friend enjoyed her sandwich, but because her salad was so big, she never got a chance to even finish half of it.

The service was fine, but with all the options in DC, I have no reason to go back to Annie's. If someone invited (and they were of course paying), I wouldn't turn it down, the menu looks good and the service was nice, but I would not be the catalyst for choosing this place. Now-if you like steak, you may have to consider visiting this place on your own....I hope you write a review after you visit.

Check Washington Hotel Deals