Ankermi Happy Dive

Check Maumere Hotel Deals

Ankermi Happy Dive Maumere Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Dont be fool with a beautiful photos from their website Jul 07, 2017
The place is highly recommend by many guide books for a hard core diver, as it is location not too far from the dive side in Maumere Flores. It is own, operate and run by a Swiss and Indonesian diver operator.

The owner can arrange diving and snorkelling day trips to the beautiful coral reefs at the islands Besar and Babi, Visit the World War II ship wreck or do muck diving at the bay close bay. In addition, they also offer a PADI Dive courses.

According to my best friend, the dives was good and organise, as he did a 3 days dives with 3 dives every day. Unfortunately lunch was not good while diving as the food was prepared early and it was cold.

Regarding the accommodation, I can not say much about it and I would not recommend it. We stayed 3 nights at this place and it break my heart. If it was not for my best buddy, I would already pack and leave on the first day. It cost Rp.365,000 (usd $27.50) per night for 2 people including breakfast.

First of all, do not be fool about it, where it said run by a Swiss Indonesian couple, which make people think the place would be clean or has a European standard. It was far from it. It was really filthy to my standard and way below any Indonesian hotel standard.

Secondly, there were no beach at this place, as advertise at their website . It was full of hard rock from the volcano eruption so you can not walk to the water, since there were no beach. Yes, the bungalow was right at the beach with an ocen view,but it was very small, and not many space for two people. Not much furniture inside except the table to put things.

There is a loft room with a single bed, up at the roof but everything was really filthy.

The bungalow made from a cheap wood, where the wood dust constantly go down on the floor due to the termite.

The roof actually do not close together, so there is a big space in between the roof and the wood pilar of the bungalow, so people actually can go inside if they want to.

There is no air condition and I was very disappointed without internet in this place as it was advertise has an internet. The bathroom was a private outdoor bathroom where you will need to fill in the bucket with water for the toilet since no flush toilet but it was a sitting toilet.

The good part is the bungalow has a patio with a couple of chairs and small table so we can sit outside and enjoy the view and a breeze. Since it was really hot inside the bungalow even with the fan on. I can hardly sleep at this place and I was like a zombie after missing sleep for 3 nights.

The restaurant actually served decent food with friendly staff, and I enjoy the meal albeit a long waiting time.

Stay there if you dare, but I would avoid it if I come back to Flores.
reception area but nobody there
the garden
the view from the bungalow
our bungalow
gingerbatik says:
yep, not a good experience and the food in the restaurant was over price, since the place was far from anywhere.
Posted on: Aug 29, 2017
Ils1976 says:
So sorry to hear this ... that's plain awful!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2017
cotton_foam says:
I don't like misleading ads!! It's horrible...
Sorry, Yunni.