Anjung KL Guesthouse Kuala Lumpur

Anjung KL Guesthouse Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

Anjung KL Guesthouse Kuala Lumpur Reviews

gwen-chia gwen-chia
cheap 'n good Dec 10, 2010
I only stayed a night but thought it was good value for the RM70 that I paid. Air cond was cold which is very welcome because KL is hot and humid. Got a queen size bed which was a bit squeeky but I don't think I mad much noise sleeping alone :-)

Toilets and bathrooms are communal so you want to make sure you've got all your clothes, towels and toiletries with you - you can't run out to get something you missed.

It's pretty quiet because the other guests seemed to respect others privacy. I felt bad walking up and down the stairs, making creaking sounds.

Breakfast is simple - just white bread with some spreads (don't expect luxury jams and fancy preserves) and coffee or tea.

If you drive, yuo have to park a little distance away. I parked in front of the guesthouse and got a parking summon :-(

Lots of restaurants and street food. Walking distance to Bukit Bintang's shopping malls (5-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk).

Lady owner is very nice. Middle aged "uncle" who takes care of the guesthouse at night makes you feel like you've broken curfew if you come back past midnight - but in a concerned relative kind of way.
mitmutmitun mitmutmi…
Hostel in Bukit Bintang Area Sep 06, 2010
This our second lodge during we stayed in Kuala Lumpur. We stayed just for one night before heading to Bangkok, Thailand.

Anjung KL guest house is located in Bukit Bintang area, the opposite of indian restaurant; Kedai Nasi Tg. Kandar and beside Number Eight Guest house. 5 minute walking distance to Bukit Bintang shopping area, 5 minute walking to monorail station, 15 minute to China Town and 20 minute walk to Petronas Twin Towers.

Check in was smooth, the staff allow us check in early because the room didn't occupied. Our tiny room (double bed-shared bathroom) is on 2nd floor conected by antique wooden stair. The room is very basic; equipped with a mirror hanging on the wall, a thin blanket and a clothes horse. We pay for 70RM per night for two people with 24 hours private air condition, exclude towel; you can hired towel for 3RM each, breakfast and internet acces; the WIFI weren't work at all during we stayed, so we decided to rent a computer. The shared bathroom are basic but clean enough, they have 3 bathroom in the 2nd floor.

Overall, the best part of this guest house is the location and we enjoy stayed at this place.
ted332 ted332
ANJUNG KL Jan 24, 2009
This is the one and only guesthouse that I stayed at in Kuala Lumpur. I haven't tried the others yet. I stayed here more than once and I could say that this will be my best alternative to stay at for now, if I'm not staying at a hotel.

The 2-storey traditional Asian building has a homely atmosphere inside and out. It is located at Jalan Tong Shin, next to Jalan Alor(food street)and Changkat Bukit. It is within the Golden Triangle area, so all the major stores, bus stations, monorail, Petronas Towers, Chinatown, etc. are within very accessible distance.

There are single aircon rooms that can accomodate 2 persons, and dorm type room. Rates are very affordable at 30MYR up and booking is available online but almost always fully booked.

The common bathrooms are well-kept. I have no complains with the cleanliness. Internet is available and they have a good network with service providers if you need package tours, transportation, etc.
mitmutmitun says:
You seems have more pict.
Good revision :)
Posted on: Dec 20, 2010
oelmara oelmara
Aug 12, 2007
For the backpacker who prefers to stay on really comfortable yet still affordable accomodation. They offer private rooms as well as the traditional bunk beds. Free internet and some bread and coffee for breakfast.

Not the cheapest in town but it's ok. The front desk guy is very TYPICAL staff. No smiles. Just gives you the key and the usual instructions. He kinda scared me actually.

Although my local friend says, on good seasons, REAL hotels just cost a little bit higher than backpackers. But you know what they say... a LITTLE goes a long way!
siam siam
Dec 28, 2006
Brand new budget guest house offering clean and comfortable beds at budget pricesIn the heart of downtown Kuala Lumpur, located

in the Golden Triangle and within 10 mins walk from Puduraya bus

terminal, bus and train stations. A short walk away is the famous Alor

Street for great local food, Chinatown and Night Bazaar, Petronas Twin

Tower, KLCC Park, KL Tower, 24 hours convenience stores, restaurants,

bars, cinemas, bookstores, money changers and 7 shopping malls.
cygnus16 says:

• Garden
  • Dart Board
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom
  • Shower
  • Games Available
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage