Anita's House

Check El Chalten Hotel Deals

Anita's House El Chalten Reviews

MuayTravels MuayTrav…
Great Guest house in an awesome setting Mar 23, 2011
Spent 6 Nights at this acommodation in El Chalten right in the heart of Los Glaciares National Park in Argentinian Patagonia

Great Service from 1st Enquiry by email right through to Check Out by Anita. She writes and speaks very good English, so if you can't speak the language, you'll still be fine!

The particulars:

Stayed in the One Bedroom apartment on the ground floor. As you enteryou have a table seating 4 to the right. In Front is a singlebed with a rollaway underneath. I used this as my lounge as Anita was kind enough to move the DVD/TV to my unit for my stay. The kitchen is complete and worked well. Couldn't find a plug though which would of been handy. The bathroom was a decent size, with bidet. The Shower has a trick to it (my tip: start with hot water only and after it starts to come through, add the amount of cold that you like)

The Bedroom was the most comfy bed I've slept on. That perfect spot between firmness and softness.

The WIFI was a bit unpredictable at times. Although I noticed the wifi connections of surrounding places would also cut in and out as well. Most likely due tithe remote mountainess and windy location. Certainly not a negative against Anita.

Coming home after trekking, the room was extremely warm ( not necessarily bad but opening the kitchen window cools it enough. I didn't touch the heating at all, so that may have been the reason

Location: On the main (longest) stretch of road right on the junction where you go left for Cerro Torre, or straight for Mount Fitz Roy

Anita,

Full of Information and helpfulness. booked my bus trip up there and my Ice Trek on Glacier Viedma. It's a different kind of Trek to Perito Moreno, so if you can afford both, do both. You can do ice climbing beginners here too.

Would I recommend? For couples or groups, most definitely. For single traveller (like me), then also Yes. It can get boring in the room if you stay to long, but lots of walks to do and a microbrewery across the street

Check El Chalten Hotel Deals