Anheuser-Busch, Inc

(314) 577-2626

Anheuser-Busch, Inc Saint Louis Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
If you can put up with the treck, worth your time Oct 14, 2013
A few days ago I was in Saint Louis, and as you know I love going on a good brewery tour. St.louis is of course the home of world famous Budweiser, so I had to visit it.

The brewery is probably about 2 miles south of downtown. Knowing we were going to a brewery ( and planning on getting.... wasted) we decided to take public transport. As a Chicago guy I found the St.louis transport a bit sloooooow, taking probably 4o minutes from downtown to the brewery. The bus does mention the place to get off for the brewery, although its pretty obvious. The place also has a huge parking lot... dang!

The actual tour is free. The first thing that struck me about the brewery is how big it is, being atleast 10 times larger than any other brewery I've been in. For example their basement holds 500,000 cases of Budweiser as their normal inventory. That's a lot of beer, even for someone who went to college in the Midwest.

The brewery tour really didn't focus on the making of the beer, but more on Budweiser stuff. So you can go see the famous Budweiser horses ( guess they were in commercials), their cute little dalmations, and lots of Budweiser stuff. They had two tour guides, they didn't strike me as knowing a lot of brewing or beer, and since we were in a working factory it was hard to understand them in a lot of areas with the other noise.

Now the reason for going: The samples! As Budweiser you get two free beers of your choice. There is no one keeping track so you could have a lot more if you choose too. Outside is a beer garden, where we suddenly ended up with three big flights ( free of charge!)... the shady waiter was busy macking on the hot booty working the bar, and long story short we ended up with lots of free booze.... good man!

Now the fun part... getting back down town. With belly's full of beer we wandered back downtown, the bus nowhere in site so we decided to walk it... its only 2 miles right? THe problem of course is that having that much beer in you means you need to get rid of it eventually. St.louis was lacking abandoned buildings to do our business, or businesses to sneak into to use their facilities. Luckily for us there were random port of potties all over st.louis.... saving my fragile digestive track for another day and another brewery!

If you like Budweiser products or seeing factories this is an interesting tour, If you want to learn about beer or about the history of it, you probably won't get much out of this ( and I don't know how many times I heard the word "drinkability").
those paddles are to ha.... oh …

Check Saint Louis Hotel Deals