Anh Tuan Vietnamesisches Restaurant

09721/6463531

Anh Tuan Vietnamesisches Restaurant Schweinfurt Reviews

Larrys Larrys
A taste of Vietnam in Bavaria Apr 13, 2009
The Anh Tuan Restaurant is a little Vietnamese Restaurant tucked away in a neighborhood near the downtown area of Schweinfurt. It is owned and operated by Vietnamese immigrants.

I first learned about this restaurant from a retired Army General living in Schweinfurt. He was walking on the treadmill next to me and we started talking about food. It just happens that he served in the Army during the Vietnam War and told me that he found the best Vietnamese food he had ever eaten. I was curious and asked for directions. Being new to the area, I had no idea where this place was only that it was located near the hospital.

Weeks later, my wife and I were out walking along the canal, cut up toward the Stadtgallerie and headed back home in the direction of the hospital. All of a sudden we noticed the Roth Bier sign and there it was, the Anh Tuan. We made note of the location, picked up the business card and promised to return.

We did return for dinner on April 13. This was an eating experience. When you walk into the restaurant you are surrounded by tropical plants, bamboo screens, tropical flowers and scenes of Vietnam. There are fresh water fish tanks in the middle of the restaurant and add to the soothing atmosphere.

We were greeted by a little Vietnamese waitress who showed us to a table and did her best to explain the menu options in broken English.

We ordered 2 Roth weizen dunkel beers brewed right here in Schweinfurt. We both had soup, my wife ordered the Canh Tom Xa and I order wonton. The total bill for drinks, 1 appetizer and 2 en trees was under 35 euros. We ended up taking half of her en tree home. This was great for me because that ended up being my lunch for the next day.

If you like Vietnamese food and happen to visit Schweinfurt this is the place to eat. We will definitely be back to eat here again and again!!!
Sign marking the entrance
table presentation
each table was hand decorated with…
appetizer
Larrys says:
I also like the spring rolls, that will be the next trip.
Posted on: May 04, 2009
KeikoCreative says:
Yes I love vietnamese food, they are nice:) Remember the very first time I tried in Canberra, kind of weird:P I love the way they prepared the spring roll;)
Posted on: May 04, 2009