Angkor Wat tips

Angkor Wat tips - Te Phram, Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat tips Reviews

fransglobal fransglo…
Great tuk-tuk driver in Angkor Wat Jul 27, 2010
If you are going to Angkor Wat, many people get around by hiring a tuk-tuk driver.

This is what is meant by tuk-tuk in the area:

I can recommend a great tuk-tuk driver.

Lung Vuthy (known as Thy). Tel: + 855 12 631 060. I found him through the place I stayed in in Siem Reap.

He charged me USD 50 for three days. I reckon this was above the average but I didn't bother negotiating. It's for nothing really. I bought a few meals and drinks too for Thy.

He was very good and bought me to all the temples, including the distant ones. He knew where to go and did not try to bring me to shops and markets etc.

Reasonable English.

I highly recommend.
nolan says:
Thanks for the tip. Last time we were at Angkor Wat it was my friend who arranged for the tuk-tuks. Next time around I know who to contact.
Posted on: Nov 13, 2012
drk_411 says:
Thanks for the tip. It would come in handy soon.
Posted on: Oct 15, 2012
christie0203 says:
Thanks for sharing.I'm going there next month.I'm a bit afraid of taking tuk tuk, as it's said it's so called unsafe.I don't really know.
Posted on: Jul 28, 2010
josiah22 josiah22
Jul 03, 2006
I backpacked all around SE Asia in 2006. I took a bus from Thailand to Siem Reap, where Angkor Wat is. The bus ride is hell and I have taken lots of bad bus rides so be prepared if thats what you are going to do. The bus arrived late at night and took us to a guest house that was a little ways away from the main part of the city. We decided to stay there that night and look around in the morning for some comparisons but the one they took us to ended up being pretty cheap and nice. As far as seeing Angkor Wat goes, I got a three-day pass which was enough time to see a good amount of it and not so long that I was sick of going, so I recommend that. I definitely suggest renting a bike at least one of the days and seeing some of it with that. This gives you freedom to stay in each place as long as you want and is a lot cheaper. I rented a bike for two of the days and hired a tuk-tuk for the other day to see some of the farther temples. My favorite temple was Te Pram (pronounced Tey-Prom). The temple ruins there have giant trees growing all through them with roots like octopus tentacles. Really awesome! Most places in Siem Reap use and ask for american dollars. The town is fairly exploited from all the tourists. There are lots of beggars and you'll see young children with missing limbs from all the landmines left over from recent wars. Arriving in Phnom Phen (the capital), there will probably be hordes of people waiting outside the bus trying to get you to stay in their guesthouse. If you are not used to this, it can be very overwhelming. Just stay calm. One of them will take you for free to the area on the water where most backpackers stay. They will take you to their guesthouse, have a look and don't feel obligated to stay. All the other guesthouses are in close proximity and you can walk to those. All in all, Cambodia is an amazing place. It is very poor and war-torn but the people are very friendly despite. A short trip from there is Laos, which was one of my favorite countries I visited.
Te Phram, Angkor Wat
Good info. I'm planning to go in February
Posted on: Dec 25, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Angkor Wat tips

Goodmorning Cambodia!
Phnom Penh: We started our journey in Phnom Peng. It is my first time in Asia and everyting I see is new for me. The taste of fresh food, the smell of burning fires and the sound of thousands of moto…Tip Siem Reap: I don't have to tell you, take 4 days at least to visit Angkor Wat! Don't miss…

Compare Siem Reap Hotel Rates (7.3km away)

Angkor Map