Angkor Wat, Bayon, Ta Prohm, Air Balloon

angkor wat site, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Angkor Wat, Bayon, Ta Prohm, Air Balloon Siem Reap Reviews

UCDLindsey UCDLinds…
Amazing ancient ruins Mar 13, 2011
I visited Angkor Wat and many of the surrounding temples in June 2009. My friend and I ended up on a private tour because the area has been hit so hard by the poor economy, and at the time, the H1N1 scare. Compared to many places it's very cheap, and you can get beautiful hand crafted souvenirs for very cheap from the sellers near the ruins, just don't forget to bargain. Allow several days if you really want to see all the ruins in the area, and prepare for high humidity and heat, at least at the time of year I went. I took in a traditional Cambodian dance at a local restaurant and it's definitely something worth seeing.
Tomasleon1 Tomasleo…
Angkor Wat Temple for 1 day Jul 19, 2011
Cambodia is a fabulous country for his history, his landscapes and people. But a place that makes it unique is Angkor Wat temples or rather that exist within it. I think you should not miss it personally but one day is more than enough. As long as you do from sunrise to sunset, this way, you save $ 20 leaving the second and third day.
whites81 whites81
Angkor Wat, Bayon, Ta Prohm, Air Balloon Feb 15, 2010
You need to pay U$20/day to see the Angkor Wat site, or U$40 for 3 days pass.

I took the one day pass and able to see what I think all that is needed to see. The Angkor Wat (the biggest temple also the site to see the sunrise), Bayon (the faces temple and elephant terrace), Ta Prohm (Tomb Rider movie site), and the air balloon at sunset! (located on the west gate) All in a day.

We left hotel at 5am by tuktuk, and saw sunrise at around 6.45..

What I regret was the Air Balloon, which cost U$15/person. I thought the balloon would go places in the sky, instead anchored in one spot and just float for about 10 minutes!

Find Samnang (our tuktuk driver's name) for your tour guide. He gave good price for the whole day drive, got thorough historical knowledge of the temples, and he's got good english!
whites81 says:
=D of luck!
annachronism says:
Maybe after I graduate from college. I'm praying!
whites81 says:
yes, go :) when is your plan?

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals