Angels Flight

(213) 626-1901

Angels Flight Los Angeles Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
You can make a round trip in just a few minutes!! Apr 25, 2013
Dating back to just after 1900 this funicular only has two cars and travels only 298 feet from the bottom to the top from Hill St to Olive St. While one goes up, the other comes down. It was originally about a half block further north but was moved to its present location in 1996. The price of a ride is still only fifty cents (and 25 cents if you carry a valid Metro Pass). It was built when Bunker Hill was one of the most fashionable neighborhoods in Los Angeles. It continues to be a beloved attraction in downtown Los Angeles. It is open every day of the year from 6:45 am until 10 pm. If you are downtown Los Angeles, it is a fun and rather unique sight to see.
Our first look as we approached
Can you see a difference?
The flowers looked nice.
And one car is at the bottom waiti…
X_Drive says:
Also we have seen one in Ketchican Alaska.
Posted on: May 26, 2013
X_Drive says:
I thought I remembered at least one up there at Niagara Falls. But yes, I think the whole thing at Angel's Flight has a more fun paint job. :)
Posted on: May 26, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
There is a funicular car at Niagara Falls in Ontario. I used it to get up and down the steep hill between the hotel and the park along the Falls. The Angels Flight car looks much more colorful.
Posted on: May 25, 2013