Angelini Osteria

Angelini Osteria - pizza

Angelini Osteria Los Angeles Reviews

pretty_girl pretty_g…
the best Italian restaurant in Los Angeles Dec 01, 2015
An osteria is a casual eatery similar to a neighborhood tavern where one enjoys rustic Italian food alongside carafes of wine. Chef Gino Angelini understands this. Restaurant is unpretentious and friendly. The waiters, with their thick Italian accents, are very charming.

Tables are crowded but not overly so; the food is fantastic, resonating of the Italian countryside.

The meal began with a light couscous salad and cracker-thin flatbread.

The service here is friendly, and the Italian menu both profoundly authentic and affordable.

Roasted bone marrow on a bed of gnochetti was heartstoppingly good (both literally and figuratively), with each fatty, flavorful scoop of marrow caramelized on the outside and on the verge of collapsing into a puddle of grease on the inside.

Fresh ingredients with solid technique and preparation.

Paper-thin pizza was so good!

This is an awesome place for fantastic Italian eats. There are so many intriguing items on the specials menu that you just want to try every single one. We enjoyed our meal so much that I know many more returns are in my future.
bone marrow
lisa lisa
Jan 07, 2008
I am in LOVE with this place!

We were warmly welcomed by the staff, and a bountiful basket of different breads (crusty white bread, olive bread, bread sticks, and crispy flatbread) was placed at our table. We also received a complimentary amuse bouche, a tasty pasta salad, which was more like the size of an appetizer! We should have taken that hint when ordering our dinner...

You can read Eric's review for what he had :] I had an antipasto of warm octopus salad with cherry tomatoes and arugula. Each component was so delicious, but combined they were even better. I could not believe how tender the grilled octopus was. Highly recommended!! I was saddened though, when my stomach felt full after eating half the plate, and I was afraid of giving off the impression that I didn't like the dish. I loved it! I was just saving room for my main course, which was simply called "Spaghetti." WOW this was the best spagetti I have ever had. It was a very simple dish consisting of home made spaghetti, eggplant, basil, and the most delicious tomato sauce. I could not contain the glee with every bite. Probably the entire restaurant could tell.

Eric and I have been to several Italian restaurants, from great to revolting, and Angelini definitely is among the top ranks.

Its intimate and homey environment, Italian staff, and delicious food made me feel like I was in Italy again!

I saw this restaurant on a Food Network show where Giada De Laurentiis, the star of Italian cooking show Everyday Italian, was doing a special on her favorite Italian joints in L.A. Since her cooking always looks so good, I knew I could trust her recommendations!

Angelini is located on Beverly Blvd, near the Grove. It's a fun area full of cute shops, perfect for a pre- or post-meal stroll :]

And don't forget to stop by Susina Bakery only a block or two away for a sweet treat!
martinikitty13 says:
Susina is pretty yummy- my fav is the berry blossom cake mmmmm....
Posted on: Jan 07, 2008
Eric Eric
Jan 06, 2008
Small Italian place with great, authentic tasting food. All of the waiters speak Italian and the slightly claustrophobic, chaotic vibe is something you might expect to find in Italy. Despite these factors, Angelini the decor is still warm, earthy and charming.

I made the mistake of ordering a meat and cheese plate (Affetati Misti) appetizer for myself. It was gigantic, with infinite slices of meat, and very little cheese. The prosciutto was very good, but the flavors got repetitive and heavy after the first few bites. Would recommend sharing with at least 3-4 people.

For my main course I had Pappardelle with Lamb Ragu. It was good, but I think that I was more in the mood for something with more tomato and cheese. Will have to come back here and experiment with different dishes.

Only seems to seat about 10 or so tables, so make sure to make reservations early!
martinikitty13 says:
Glad you enjoyed it. Really nice little place. Last time I went, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel were there. If you go again, try the mushroom/truffle oil pizza (really yummy), lemon linguine (very refreshing) or osso bucco. If you like brazino (whole roast fish), locanda veneto does a better one.
Posted on: Jan 07, 2008