Rue di Rivoli, Paris, France

Angelina's Paris Reviews

leanne81 leanne81
The perfect hot chocolate in a belle epoque setting Mar 25, 2013
I die for this place. You must, must get the hot chocolate. It is exquisite. The hot white chocolate is also good, but the standard chocolate chaud is the one you must get if you are only visiting once. All of the pastries are excellent. Typically, there is a line to get into Angelina, but in my experience it moves quickly. I would suggest going in the late morning or early afternoon for the best chance at a short line. The decor is lovely and you really get the sense of being in an early 20th century tea room. Angelina is basically across the street from the Louvre, making it a good place to rest or a jumping off point for exploring the museum. I love this place.
justasec justasec
Drop a bit, you're in Paris Jul 04, 2011
Sooooo this review is actually for the one I went to in Versailles, but Angelina is known for their fantastic pastries and treats everywhere. For me, a cheap traveler, I rate it a bit on the pricier side, but for a Parisian, I'd say this is definitely average on the $$$ part.

I loved it. We had an amazing chicken in an light cream sauce with mashed sweet potatoes. But the thing that still makes my mouth water when I think of Angelina was their eclair.

Hold on, I need a second to breathe. It was AMAZING. I'm not one for super sweet stuff, and never have really been interested in eclairs in general, but my my my I have a new found appreciation of such fine treasures. It really took my understanding of how different an exquisitely made dessert taste like, and why I can now see how people are willing to pay whatever it costs because it's that good.

Of course, pairing with their splendid espresso was just icing on the cake, I loved savored every bite and sip on this visit.

So, nuff said. There's plenty of fantastic places for sure, but if you happen to be stolling by one of their locations, and have a few minutes to spare, do yourself a favor and pop in here for a mid afternoon treat. You'll thank me later :)
Della Della
Heaven: best hot chocolate in the WORLD! Sep 16, 2011
Angelina's is outside of the Louvre, so it is very convenient. It is kinda pricy but well worth the minor wait and prices. Best hot chocolate in the world. I had to treat myself. I waited maybe 15 minutes to be seated. You can do some shopping while you wait.
Ashtonmd Ashtonmd
Chocolate paradise Sep 28, 2010
I had heard that this was the best cafe in Paris, and I can now say that that is definitely true. We had "L'Africane" (their most famous drink) this superbly rich hot chocolate, that would satisfy every chocolate lover. I went with my boyfriend and we both had it so they served us a pitcher of the stuff. It was more than either of us could drink and was served with whipped cream.

The atmosphere was nice, a bit busy but very nice. You might have to wait in a line, but I would say it is very worth it.

Bon Appetit

Related Travel Blogs About Angelina's

As I said before when we drove to Paris we parked at the airport and bought the day transportation pass (18euro each, i think) Paris has a maze of subway systems and buses but after you memorize what…Paris. My neighbor raved about Angelina's for its excellent chocolate cake and I have to agree its one of the best…
Giverny-Monets Place
Today was a not so early day. we prepared sandwiches in the kitchen for all of us to eat on our journey.. we had some patte sandwiches.. and scrambled egg sandwiches.. and salami sandwiches with all …paris abit and went into Angelina which is this posh dessert place. MmmmM the chocolate was so rich i couldnt…

Check Paris Hotel Deals