Angelica Kitchen

300 East 12th Street, New York, NY, USA

Angelica Kitchen New York Reviews

anita_il anita_il
gourmet vegan Sep 27, 2013
I am not a vegan, yet I love this restaurant. Vegetables never tasted so good! I used to go regularly when I lived in NYC 1989-1994 and whenever I visit (almost every year) I go to this wonderful restaurant. They typically have 2 specials a day which are always very creative (that's where the gourmet comes in) and what I usually get. I've rarely ventured onto the regular menu but the dragon bowls is very good. By New York standards, the cost is reasonable (actually somewhere between 2 and 3 dollar signs). The cornbread with miso-tahini spread is outstanding. There is one long communal table -- otherwise individual tables. While people at the communal table often keep to themselves, if you are a lone traveler, this would afford the opportunity to mix.

The only thing that is disappointing is the deserts and the fact that they don't serve coffee. And for me, the grain beverage just doesn't cut it. So if you are still hungry and want a sweet and a cup of coffee, just walk a block to 11th Street and 1st Avenue to Veniero's Italian bakery (and cafe), operating since 1894 -- so a NYC institution.

Check New York Hotel Deals