Angel House Bed and Breakfast Derry

Check Derry Hotel Deals

Angel House Bed and Breakfast Derry Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Be Careful When Booking This B&B May 28, 2016
Unfortunately I am not able to give a full review of The Angel House Bed & Breakfast since we did not actually get to stay here. I wouldn't normally write a review for a place I haven't actually stayed at but since the reason we didn't stay there was due to the owner, I think I deserve the right to leave a review of the events.

I booked our room through Travelocity earlier in the day. I have never had any issues reserving accommodations through Travelocity whether it was a flight, hotel, or car, or any combination of the three.

It was clearly indicated on their listing that the latest acceptable check-in time was 8pm. That was not a problem. Though it did take us longer to get there than we originally anticipated, we did still arrive within the deadline time. Granted it was only about 10-15 minutes earlier, but we did meet the deadline.

When we arrived, the front door was locked and no one was answering. A young couple arrived shortly after we did. They were also aware of the check-in time. They even tried calling the owner but to no avail. I have since looked at their reviews on Trip Advisor and realized that the same thing has happened to other guests, as well.

So, I won't knock the accommodations themselves. In fact, it looks like it might actually be a nice place. But there appears to be a pattern with this place not living up to their end of the bargain.

I never actually bothered to try and get my money back. That's on me. But I figured that any attempts on my part would be pointless. And I was not interested in the frustration.

So based on my experiences with this establishment and apparently the experiences of others, I would not recommend staying here. But if you are going to, you might want to make sure that you will be arriving early.
Ils1976 says:
hahaha, I understand you 100 %
Posted on: May 30, 2016
hanleyscot says:
I try not to be too quick to judge. I'd feel terrible if I found out that something bad happened to them and they were at the hospital or something like that. But after seeing on Trip Advisor that I wasn't the only one it happened to, I feel justified about my negative review. haha
Posted on: May 29, 2016
Ils1976 says:
if there is a deadline, they should live up to them even if it is about a few minutes before ... I guess this says a lot about the owners!
Posted on: May 29, 2016

Angel House Bed and Breakfast Derry Overview

Set in City of Derry Airport, the Angel House Bed and Breakfast Derry is a perfect base while in Derry with Free Derry Corner, Museum of Free Derry and The Bogside all within walking distance. It provides good-value accommodation with free Wi-Fi access.

The bed and breakfast's garden offers a peaceful setting to sit down and relax. The property features luggage storage and a bbq/picnic area. Helpful staff at the front desk are available to assist to travellers, happily handling any requests or questions that arise during the course of your visit. Non-smoking rooms are available on request.

Angel House Bed and Breakfast Amenities

• Coffee / Tea Maker
  • TV
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower