Ange Noir Discotheque

Old Industrial Area, Kampala, Uganda

Ange Noir Discotheque Kampala Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
"Ange Noir", Black Angel Discotheque Oct 15, 2009
As a Ugandan, I will tell you right at the beginning of this review that the social scene in Kampala is dazzling and the night life hectic yet quite interesting, I should know, I did it all: from the discotheques to the only Casino in town, from theaters to live music performances to private parties organized by the foreign delegates and the well-to do of Kampala. I have done it all, ask me and I shall point you in the right direction. For starters if you love dancing like I do, then you want to know about Ange Noir Discotheque “Black Angel” in French. Black angel indeed, what they do in there in the dark of the night is dance, dance like there is no tomorrow. If there is anything Ugandans like, it is music and good times, and they do have rhythm like you have never seen. People who tell me they can’t dance usually get the same response I give others “if you can move one leg to the right and then to the left, you can dance” my friend Agnes says if you can walk you can dance.

With that said, lets head on to Ange Noir: last year I went home to take my darling daughter to get to know her grandmother, while I was there my girl friend Agnes and Kevin, the muzungu I picked up in Dubia went dancing at Ange Noir. Located in the old industrial area of Kampala, it is the longest serving dance place with all the dos that go with a high tech dancing hall, rotating disco lights, three levels of dance floors each playing different music, Mystique is the most expensive area of the discotheque to get into. Well I had just arrived from the US so I had dollars to exchange and spend, so we went to Mystique. Great music and rhythm, boy do Ugandans dance, I had forgotten how much we used to dance, all of a sudden I felt like a learner amidst the wild almost erotic dancing.

Right next door to Ange Noir is another discotheque called Silk Club, a different ambiance with more dance room here. If you get tired at Ange Noir, you can literally stroll next door for change of scene and music. I found a much younger crowd here.

Below is a list of other recommended night life entertainment venues:

Kampala Casino - Kimathi Avenue