TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 545,528 travelers just like you!

Andy99
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 767 places, shared 10,281 photos, left 12,297 comments, and smiled 20,662 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish (after a fashion)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
Profile
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
Vikram says:
Andy, thanks for the smiles!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2014
vulindlela says:
Very welcome!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Thanks for the congrats, Andy!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2014

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Sep 26, 2014 – Oct 04, 2014
Travels through The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium in fall 2014.
Overview 2,932 words 305 93 889
This blog was featured on Sunday October 26th, 2014
Mar 25, 2001 – Jun 28, 2014
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 21,353 words 1,080 480 2,417
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Spain 2013
Sep 27, 2013 – Oct 06, 2013
A trip through the southern tier of Spain, visiting Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona. …
Overview 441 words 344 42 428

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Weert, Netherlands
The AC Restaurant Nederweert is a highway rest stop and travel plaza along the A2 motorway betwe…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Restaurant Haesje Claes is tucked away on a narrow street south of Dam Square. It looks small on…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Visiting the Anne Frank House was the most moving museum experience I have ever had. It is certa…
Updated 2 days ago