TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 520,516 travelers just like you!

Andy99
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 743 places, shared 9,935 photos, left 12,133 comments, and smiled 20,274 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish (after a fashion)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
Profile
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
jethanad says:
Hi Andy, so glad to see your updates. Now that I am no longer in the DC area, I am hoping you will keep posting in TB regularly.
Posted on: Jul 12, 2014
halilee says:
Thank you Andy!! :)
Posted on: Jul 10, 2014
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
What nice, you're coming to the Netherlands in September!! Do we also have a meetup?!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2014

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Mar 25, 2001 – Jun 28, 2014
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 21,352 words 1,073 474 2,371
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Spain 2013
Sep 27, 2013 – Oct 06, 2013
A trip through the southern tier of Spain, visiting Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona. …
Overview 441 words 335 41 413
Jul 30, 2013 – Aug 07, 2013
A road trip to Omaha, Nebraska, along Interstate I-76 and I-80 and across the Mississippi and the Missouri Rivers. …
Overview 1,357 words 202 89 592
This blog was featured on Monday September 30th, 2013

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Toledo, Spain
The Sinagoga de Santa María la Blanca is a fascinating example of peaceful coexistence in the M…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Madrid, Spain
The Plaza de España is a large rectangular park to the northwest of Madrid's historic core. The…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Madrid, Spain
The Prado is one of my favorite art museums. True, it is one of the world's great collections of…
Updated 12 days ago