TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 540,842 travelers just like you!

Andy99
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 759 places, shared 10,195 photos, left 12,212 comments, and smiled 20,467 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish (after a fashion)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
Profile
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Andy, for the congrats on my featured review of "Panorama of the Battle of Racławice" in Poland. Glad to hear you found it interesting too as one of those 'lost arts' so to speak. Another cyclorama now in Gettysburg was originally displayed in Boston in 1884 until it was sold to the National Park Service in 1940, and first displayed at the Gettysburg park visitors center in 1962. As an aside, Boston still has a cyclorama of the Battle of Bunker Hill at the Bunker Hill museum. In any event, these are rather rare things from a bygone age, but it is good some of them have been preserved and are available to see.
Posted on: Oct 29, 2014
spocklogic says:
Bravo on the featured review of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol!
Posted on: Oct 28, 2014
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Andy, for the smiles on my review of the 'Panorama of the Battle of Racławice' in Poland!
Posted on: Oct 28, 2014

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Sep 26, 2014 – Oct 04, 2014
Travels through The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium in fall 2014.
Overview 2,932 words 244 61 549
This blog was featured on Sunday October 26th, 2014
Mar 25, 2001 – Jun 28, 2014
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 21,353 words 1,080 480 2,417
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Spain 2013
Sep 27, 2013 – Oct 06, 2013
A trip through the southern tier of Spain, visiting Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona. …
Overview 441 words 344 41 421

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Delft, Netherlands
To me the word "Delft" immediately brings to mind images of the famous blue and white earthenwar…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Delft, Netherlands
Grand Cafe Willem van Oranje looked like a likely spot for lunch in Delft. It has a perfect loca…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Volendam, Netherlands
De Koe (The Cow) has been serving in Volendam since 1922. It's an attractive restaurant with woo…
Updated 1 hour ago