TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 607,314 travelers just like you!

Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 801 places, shared 10,778 photos, left 12,485 comments, and smiled 21,532 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English. French and Spanish (both after a fashion)
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
Chokk says:
Thank you for the birthday congrats :D
Posted on: Oct 17, 2015
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Andy, for the smiles and comments on the Wroclaw Dwarfs. The Dwarfs thank you too - Hi Ho!
Posted on: Oct 14, 2015
Ils1976 says:
You're welcome and yes, I noticed ... hopefully one day when I have time I am able to go and visit it myself! :D
Posted on: Oct 14, 2015

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Mar 25, 2001 – Sep 07, 2015
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 22,358 words 1,108 522 2,506
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Sep 21, 2009 – Jul 25, 2015
Traveling from the Virginia Tidewater through the Eastern Shore of Virginia and Maryland. …
Overview 6,825 words 564 172 1,278
This blog was featured on Wednesday October 7th, 2009
Oct 19, 2002 – Jun 12, 2015
We always seem to be out and about taking a daytrip or on the go here or there. In this blog I'll introduce you to the many var…
Overview 31,755 words 1,255 456 2,306
This blog was featured on Saturday March 29th, 2008

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Washington, District of Columbia, USA
The National Museum of Crime & Punishment, or simply the Crime Museum, is one of the more unusua…
This review was featured on Thursday September 17th, 2015
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Riverfront Wilmington is a development area fronting on the Christina River in downtown Wilmingt…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Wilmington, Delaware, USA
We returned to Wilmington for Saturday evening dinner on our weekend trip to the Nemours mansion…
Updated 1 month ago