TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 585,391 travelers just like you!

Andy99
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 793 places, shared 10,649 photos, left 12,396 comments, and smiled 21,315 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish (after a fashion)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
Profile
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
missandrea81 says:
You're welcome, Andy. Yes, we're back in Alexandria. Outside the beltway this time. Been back for over a year, but haven't made it back to Springfield mall yet.
Posted on: Jul 01, 2015
Vikram says:
This is a belated thank-you for the smiles on my Roozengarde Tulip Festival review... yes, the one from back in April. Shows you how often I log on to TB these days!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2015
WalterC says:
Hey Andrew, thanks for the congrats, smiles, and comment!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2015

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Mar 25, 2001 – Jun 13, 2015
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 22,358 words 1,096 489 2,460
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Oct 19, 2002 – Jun 12, 2015
We always seem to be out and about taking a daytrip or on the go here or there. In this blog I'll introduce you to the many var…
Overview 31,755 words 1,255 455 2,302
This blog was featured on Saturday March 29th, 2008
Mar 03, 2001 – Dec 07, 2014
Mid-Atlantic Travels through Maryland, "The Old Line State". …
Overview 7,527 words 326 103 687
This blog was featured on Friday April 15th, 2011

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Washington, District of Columbia, USA
BĂ©arnaise is still a newcomer to the restaurant scene on Capitol Hill. We had a chance to try B…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Alexandria, Virginia, USA
After viewing the French frigate Hermione (see accompanying journal entry) and taking at look at…
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Nando's Peri-Peri has proven a most welcome addition to the reimagined Springfield Town Center. …
Updated 14 days ago