TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 600,896 travelers just like you!

Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 799 places, shared 10,756 photos, left 12,477 comments, and smiled 21,516 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English. French and Spanish (both after a fashion)
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
Zagnut66 says:
Thanks for the smile, Andy! The website has some interesting if suspect stories about the Hidden Pond in their Burke and Springfield pages.
Posted on: Oct 02, 2015
ik-ben-10eke says:
That is the area where Fred does the tours: Picardiƫ.
I've never been there (well, I was once in Calais only for the ferry to Dover), but it must be impressive history over there. Not only World War I, but earlier history as well, in the days of bow and arrow.
Posted on: Sep 29, 2015
ik-ben-10eke says:
You're welcome.
That sounds interesting! What battlefields are you going to? The ones near Verdun (South of Luxemburg country), or the ones near the westfront at Flanders? I know a guy who is doing guided tours at the westfront, he really knows a lot about it, and keeps you "hanging onto his lips".
I hope you had a great day!
Posted on: Sep 24, 2015

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Mar 25, 2001 – Sep 07, 2015
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 22,358 words 1,108 522 2,506
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Sep 21, 2009 – Jul 25, 2015
Traveling from the Virginia Tidewater through the Eastern Shore of Virginia and Maryland. …
Overview 6,825 words 564 172 1,278
This blog was featured on Wednesday October 7th, 2009
Oct 19, 2002 – Jun 12, 2015
We always seem to be out and about taking a daytrip or on the go here or there. In this blog I'll introduce you to the many var…
Overview 31,755 words 1,255 456 2,306
This blog was featured on Saturday March 29th, 2008

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Washington, District of Columbia, USA
The National Museum of Crime & Punishment, or simply the Crime Museum, is one of the more unusua…
This review was featured on Thursday September 17th, 2015
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Riverfront Wilmington is a development area fronting on the Christina River in downtown Wilmingt…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Wilmington, Delaware, USA
We returned to Wilmington for Saturday evening dinner on our weekend trip to the Nemours mansion…
Updated 28 days ago