TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 669,839 travelers just like you!

Andy99
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 818 places, shared 11,069 photos, left 12,551 comments, and smiled 21,777 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English. French and Spanish (both after a fashion)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
Profile
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
Ils1976 says:
Thanks so much for the more than many smiles! :D
Posted on: Apr 29, 2017
vicIII says:
Greetings from Eastern Ukraine!
Posted on: Apr 29, 2017
planxty says:
Thanks so much mate,

I didn't even know I had it as I am still having difficulty getting round this site. I only discovered I had another "medal" when people strted congratulating me!
Posted on: Apr 28, 2017

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Mar 24, 2017 – Apr 03, 2017
Southern Caribbean Cruise aboard Carnival Sunshine.
Overview 2,567 words 259 38 362
This blog was featured on Monday April 17th, 2017
Oct 19, 2002 – Feb 20, 2017
We always seem to be out and about taking a daytrip or on the go here or there. In this blog I'll introduce you to the many var…
Overview 31,755 words 1,271 464 2,327
This blog was featured on Saturday March 29th, 2008
Mar 03, 2001 – Jul 31, 2016
Mid-Atlantic Travels through Maryland, "The Old Line State". …
Overview 7,527 words 364 114 768
This blog was featured on Friday April 15th, 2011

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos
After our morning tour around Cockburn Town and Grand Turk we opted for lunch at Margaritaville …
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos
The Turks and Caicos National Museum is quite a surprise. It is located in a historic house in C…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos
Grand Turk Lighthouse dates to 1852. Located at the northern tip of the island, the lighthouse w…
Updated 9 hours ago