TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 550,250 travelers just like you!

Andy99
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Andrew
Location: Springfield, Virginia, USA
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Contributions: Andy99 has written about 770 places, shared 10,343 photos, left 12,352 comments, and smiled 20,862 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Spanish (after a fashion)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I've traveled for a long time and have many memories of places and people. I can't name just one. Every journey brings with it a new set of experiences. Hopefully, there will be many more to add!
Profile
I enjoy travel, especially to new places I haven't seen before. Every journey, whether brief or extended, provides the opportunity for a new experience or a different way to see things. I like travel photography, too, and always have my camera with me.

"The famous places to visit are so many, Or so the guidebooks say."--Chip (On the Town)

"Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen." (Orinoco Flow)

"I have it timed down to the last wave of the brakeman's hand on the last train out of town."--Prof. Harold Hill (The Music Man)

"I see it is by no means useless to travel if one wants to see something new."--Jean Passepartout

"We wanted something thoroughly and uncompromisingly foreign ... "--Mark Twain

"And there's no cure like travel ..." (Anything Goes)

"It's a small world after all ..."

Marked 50 years of travel photography in 2011.
ys484 says:
Thanks for the smile on my Asian cuisine restaurants list, Andy!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2014
vulindlela says:
Thank you for the smiles!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2014
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Andy, for the smiles & photo comment on my entry "Whale of a Tale" in my China Blog!
Posted on: Dec 14, 2014

Andy99's Travel Blogs

Mar 03, 2001 – Dec 07, 2014
Mid-Atlantic Travels through Maryland, "The Old Line State". …
Overview 7,527 words 314 99 635
This blog was featured on Friday April 15th, 2011
Mar 25, 2001 – Dec 04, 2014
I live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area. I'll use this blog to introduce you to the many neighborhoods and sights in …
Overview 21,538 words 1,085 482 2,422
This blog was featured on Monday March 17th, 2008
Sep 26, 2014 – Oct 04, 2014
Travels through The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium in fall 2014.
Overview 2,932 words 305 115 1,010
This blog was featured on Sunday October 26th, 2014

Andy99's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
The staff at the Maryland Historical Society museum recommended Trinacria as a place for lunch. …
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Hagerstown, Maryland, USA
We dropped in to the Schmankerl Stube in Hagerstown for lunch. After scouting downtown restauran…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Weert, Netherlands
The AC Restaurant Nederweert is a highway rest stop and travel plaza along the A2 motorway betwe…
Updated 3 days ago