Andretti Winery

(707) 259-6777

Andretti Winery Napa Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Racing Legend to Winemaker Feb 26, 2008
Andretti winery is definitely one vineyard to check out on your Napa wine travels. It is owned by racing legend, Mario Andretti, and longtime friend, Joe Antonini (former CEO of Kmart). Many people are not aware that wine was Andretti's second passion and he finally saw that come to life in 1996 when they founded the vineyard. Their consulting winemaker is Bobi Pepi - of the Robert Pepi Winery in Oakville.

As with most Napa wineries, there is a charge to wine taste unless you join their wine club which is not a bad deal. I've been a member for almost two years now and have not been disappointed with any selections. This is the only way to get invitations to the winery events, most specifically the annual dinner with Mario Andretti himself.

Andretti offers three collections of wine - their Montona Reserve Series, the Napa Valley Series, and the California Selections Series. While all are quality wines, I would recommend paying the extra to try the reserve wines. The Montona series is named after Mario's childhood home and are very limited quantity wines, offered first to wine club members. The port is one of my favorites!!

They do offer tours and other private wine pairing classes but you must call ahead for reservations and availability. Individual tastings run about $10 pp.
Andretti grounds
TRE69 says:
Never been wine tasting in California! I am a novice at wines but it sounds like a great place! I do like sweet wines though.
Posted on: Mar 26, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Andretti Winery

How Red and White (and a little Rose) was my Valley
Driving into Napa, I did some quick checks online via my phone and saw that the Andretti Winery was open until 5PM, so we decided to head there before going to our hotel.  Hotel?  Well...Er…Napa, I did some quick checks online via my phone and saw that the Andretti Winery was open until 5PM, so we decided…

Check Napa Hotel Deals