Anderson's Pea Soup

376 Avenue of the Flags, Buellton, CA, USA

Anderson's Pea Soup Buellton Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Known for the split pea soup Apr 13, 2008
I have seen the billboard advertising the split pea soup for several years now but I never actually went to try it. Well, I didn't imagine the restaurant to be that touristy. I had expected some cheese but I didn't expect having to walk through a huge souvenir store to actually get to the restaurant.

We wanted to try the famed split pea soup and took advantage of paying $4.90 and adding a soup and drink (as long as it's non-alcoholic) to an entree. The soup was good and we certainly didn't expect to get that big of a helping. Unfortunately, the entrees weren't as good, I had the danish meat loaf and it was just a bit boring and the gravy wasn't so nice either. I like the veggies, carrots and squash/zucchini though, they were crisp and the mashed potatoes were okay. The other half had the fried chicken and he was quite disappointed because it was a lot greasier than it should have been and he expected it to come with milk gravy since we had asked the waitress about it. He got mashed potatoes with melted butter and the same veggies, which he also liked.

If I was in the area I might go back and eat there but only the soup but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.
Hap Pea and Pea Wee Photo: http…
vulindlela says:
All we ever get is the soup and bread also.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2009
sybil says:
haha! i stayed next door i think when i was in buellton. i didn't even check it out. :(
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008
Andy99 says:
Anderson's Split Pea Soup is a Southern California classic! Glad you liked the soup!
Posted on: May 23, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Anderson's Pea Soup

El Camino Real
Santa Barbara is well-known as a trendy coastal city and home to UC Santa Barbara. There are historic sites here, too, the most famous of which is Mission Santa Barbara. The mission church was f…Buellton. Located here is Anderson's Split Pea Soup retaurant.  A stop at Anderson's is a long…

Check Buellton Hotel Deals