3198 16th Street, San Francisco, CA, USA - (415) 621-2211

Andalu San Francisco Reviews

RacquelT127 RacquelT…
Dec 11, 2007
Andalu is a a great place to go for delicious simple foods. Tapas to be exact, or appetizers. The menu was easy to follow and there weren't any hidden meanings to the entrees. I had the sliders with basil aioli with shallot rings and a side of gremolata (garlic) fries, though there were plenty of other good choices to choose from I decided on these two. The rest of the group pretty much chose two each as well. My hamburger sliders were yummy, I've never eaten sliders on a sweet roll before. Great idea it was, it made a difference in pushing my taste buds to the edge. I do recommend the sliders, but if possible I would ask the waiter if you could choose the level at which to have your burger cooked at. They did not give us a choice, they just brought them out like how they bring out all the sliders I suppose. So just in case. That's a quick tip because don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but usually I like to advise cooks exactly how I want my burger or steak cooked. Other highly recommended tapas was the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and grilled with yam puree, butternut squash ravioli with hazelnuts and sage brown butter.

We did not have dessert, my friends who had previously dined here did not recommend the only dessert that the group found interesting and possibly appetizing on the menus.. the fresh donut holes with castillian hot cocoa. So we decided to not go through with ordering dessert with this meal.

All in all we had a great time, the atmosphere was great for a group of friends to laugh and talk, eat and drink. The lighting was nice and intimate, mostly the downstairs area (but the upstairs was just as wonderful). It looked great for a possible date restaurant idea, and plus downstairs was where the bar was. If Andalu is the place you decide to have dinner let me know what you think about it.
SwtSerenity SwtSeren…
Aug 22, 2007
The restaurant was named #1 most trendy restaurant in San Francisco in 2007 by and also named top 100 Bay Area restaurants.

It's located in the Mission District. I went at night and the area was a bit scary to trek but a lot of young hipsters were also walking the streets so I felt semi-safe.

In any case, the restaurant is on the corner of 16th and Guerrero and they have valet parking. I just parked about 2 blocks away for $5.

They serve tapas as this joint. The best tapas I've ever had! It was excellent! Ther service sucked though but the food was so good I didn't even care. I suggest making reservations because it packs up during peak times. The ambience was cool, casual, and hip.

They have a wide selection of wine as well for you wine lovers out there!

Again, the food was fantastic!!! Every single order we got tasted so good! I cannot stress that enough!

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals