Anatolian Balloons

Goreme, Turkey
Anatolian Balloons - Flying high over a valley.
Anatolian Balloons - Flying above some fairy chimneys.
Anatolian Balloons - Balloons taking off.
Anatolian Balloons - Balloons taking off.
Anatolian Balloons - Balloon being deflated.
Anatolian Balloons - Look out!
Anatolian Balloons - Seyit, our pilot, checking out for other Anatolian balloons.

Anatolian Balloons Goreme Reviews

deng249 deng249
Flying above spectacular geography Oct 24, 2011
Had my first hot air balloon ride in Goreme when I visited Cappadocia in October 2011. I was very interested to see the strange geography formation of the region from above.

Got it arranged by a travel agent in Istanbul and paid EUR130 for 1 hour flight. It may be a bit expensive for some but it was something I really wanted to experience.

My ride was on the 2nd flight so it was already dawn (about 7am) when they picked me up from the hotel, to get to the waiting area where some light refreshment was served. From there you'll be able to see a LOT of balloons taking off. Seeing those balloons taking off in the morning was almost magical.

The balloon I flew on had a small basket, which fits about 8 - 10 pax. If you intend some photos, take your position on the corner of the basket. That way, you'll have the most view.

We flew about 1 hour, over the region...sometimes high, sometimes low, over valley. It was really exciting especially when we were flying low, passing some fairy chimneys that you feel like touching the top of the chimney with your hand. I think the highest we flew the other day was about 750 meter.

Constrast to my initial fear of geting on a hot air balloon, it wasn't scary at all. The ride was almost still. It's really quiet and peaceful up there, with only occasional sound of the hot air being released into the balloon.

The ride ended, with the ceremonial champagne toast and certificate award.

Well, it's really something someone should try at least once in their life.
Balloons taking off.
Flying high over a valley.
Balloon being deflated.