Ana's Kuzin

www.anaskuzin.nl - 06 28430662

Ana's Kuzin Utrecht Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Tasty Turkish Pizza in NL! Oct 02, 2010
While walking along Voorstraat, my boyfriend came across the display of Turkish pizzas, Lahmacun. From the display of the window, you could see someone working there, making the pastries and the oven is just nearby.

I have never tried Lahmacun before so why not? We went in, right at the entrance where the lady was doing her puffs. We ordered for a Lahmacun (3 Euro each) and she straight away placed it in the oven. She asked what kind of fillings we would like to have. We chose all, the Cacik - Turkish yoghurt, shredded cucumber, dill and garlic. Also the Antep Meze - mixed peppers, tomatoes and spices (looked like salsa in my opinion.

Well, once the pizza was done, she placed the chiffonade salad on half of the pizza (yes, of course the pizza is round and already had the basic toppings) followed by the cacik and antep meze. Next she rolled it up like a tortilla :) What can I say? It looked REALLY GOOD...and it made me extremely hungry. I wished I didn't have to share it with my boyfriend and have it all to myself :D

NOTE: I'd seen Dutch handling food (cooked especially) with their bare hands (that's fine with me as long as they're clean and always handling with food and not other things) and then...the SAD SAD part. After handling the food, they take the money and then the process repeats. VERY VERY horrible. There were some who handled food with gloves (oh yes, nice nice) but shockingly, the next moment you know...they received the money using the same gloves! Oh my oh my...

Well, the lady who was busy making the puffs and then handled our pizza; she didn't want to accept payment from us and told her to place the money at the counter. This was a REAL surprise for us! FINALLY in the Netherlands, someone working in the food industry KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS what is the meaning/term 'HYGIENE'. I was sooo happy :)

I told my boyfriend that I had to do a review on this place because of the right way of handling food and best, it was SO SO delicious (that pizza). It would be nice to visit that place again and try out other dishes. It is like a take-away shop but there's a place for you to sit and eat, if you like. All I can say is that they create authentic Turkish food and are all handmade. Oh, I forgot to mention this...they also do catering for snacks and dinner.

If you're in Utrecht, do stop by at the city and check out this place. There are other nice food places such as Broodje Mario (the shop and not the stand) and Paradijs Restaurant (Chinese food) and also Il Pozzo (Italian food). You'll not regret...those are nice in the city of Utrecht.

GENIET!
The front with the display window.
Flyer.
The display and opened-concept of …

Check Utrecht Hotel Deals