Ananda Hotel

Check Puerto Escondido Hotel Deals

Ananda Hotel Puerto Escondido Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Ananda Hotel on Playa Zicatela Jan 20, 2013
Now, I’ll tell you about the secret place in Puerto Escondido… I do write about special places that I see, but most of the really, really, really special places are to be shared only sitting at the table and smiling about the life and its paths. This place is not advertised in books or on the net so you really have to look for it in order to find it.

We got the tip from fellow traveler that Ananda Hotel is the place where we should go for it is the super relaxed place on the nice location and has all amenities that you’ll want for the pure life enjoyment. Puerto Escondido becomes extremely touristy place and they are gearing it up towards being even touristier. Playa Zicatela is southern part of the city, and it still holds most of the budget accommodation and surf camps. Zicatela is not good for swimming and that saves us from circling resorts that would pop up around if there was any way to survive deadly surf. But surfers love it! It is so great to see surfers using incredibly strong rip current to get back in line and catch next way almost effortlessly.

Ananda Hotel is a bit ugly dwelling, built to accommodate not to impress. Out of 4 floors you must choose the top one. It is a bit more expensive (couple dollars more for perfect nest) but it is more than great. Every floor has kitchen area and rooms are geared towards people that would stay here longer. On the top floor there are only two rooms and huge balcony that cover whole side of the building. Hammocks are all over, view is unobstructed, two beds inside our room, both with mosquito nets. Circle window is in the front the bed, and just waking up and seeing the sea and sun reflections on the huge ocean is worth at least 1000000 pesos heheh

Water is a bit limited in this area but bathroom is nice and clean, kitchen has all needed and fridge is pretty cold all the time. Best part of it is that we pay only 250 pesos for room, but we brought it down from 300 because it was low season :)

Hotel is on the slope, two blocks from the highway where you can board small trucks and move around the town, and two blocks from the beach. I don’t remember well, but I think that for 10p you can travel in any direction that you wish. We went to market couple times to eat good food and enjoy in local people. Town proper is very touristy and full of restaurants and souvenir shops. Bus station for the big buses is on the main road above the center, but the cheep and good van service that connects most of the state is located in surrounding streets.

Unfortunately I lost laptop with images from this place, and this one image that I have shows only rainy morning from the balcony… but hopefully you’ll get there and enjoy it as much as I did. Now is the time for someone else to visit that place and take pictures…
View from my balcony. On the right…

Check Puerto Escondido Hotel Deals