Anand Palace

Bhagsu, McLeod Ganj, India

Anand Palace McLeod Ganj Reviews

edsander edsander
Welcome to Fungus Palace Aug 19, 2008
This was without a doubt the worst place we stayed in during our trip through Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh. Everything is so dreadfully wrong about this place.

First of all, it's not even in McLeod Ganj but in a small village 2km east (Bhagsu). I can't blame the hotel for this location but I certainly hold the (local) travel agent accountable for (again) putting us all the way out there. When you wanted to go to McLeod Ganj during the evening you definitely had to take a taxi.

Anyway, the hotel itself looks okay from the outside but is a real crappy place on the inside. I didn't find the staff very helpful or friendly (some of them didn't seem to have the physical ability to smile). Worst was the hotel manager who would be sitting in his well furnished office with sitting area behind a glass wall so everybody could marvel at his status. He would often be playing loud music in his little booth ... What a pompous bastard ...

The room was the worst. Everything was so incredibly damp and moist, some of our travel companions could grow mushrooms on their walls, which had enormous stains of fungal damage. The bed, the cushion ... everything was clammy and leaving any piece of clothing in there would result in it being damp within hours as well. Indescribably uncomfortable ...

The bathroom had stains and was in desperate need of maintenance and the towels were so grimy that you'd be better off not washing at all.

We had requested an early breakfast but when walking into the restaurant nothing had been prepared ...

I only have one advise: avoid like the plague.
compassionlily says:
Thank you for this insightful review Ed! I am getting ready to return to India and will be traveling in that area around the end of May.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2011