Amy's Ice Creams

San Antonio, Texas - (210) 832-8886

Amy's Ice Creams San Antonio Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Heaven for your taste buds! May 17, 2008
We have been huge fans of Amy's ever since we first had it back in 1997 in Austin.

Amy's was founded in 1984 by Amy Miller. Amy had worked for Steve's Ice Cream in Boston, which had a similar concept to what Amy's has today. Amy decided that Austin, Texas was a perfect location for her business and opened the first location there, on Guadalupe.

Today, Amy's has 12 locations in Austin, including a location at Bergstrom Airport. There are also single locations in Houston and San Antonio.

The concept of Amy's is the same concept that many places have copied, including Cold Stone Creamery. When you order an ice cream at Amy's, you also order Crush'ns. They scoop up your ice cream with paddles, put it on a stone, and "crush in" your toppings. There are 30+ crush'ns, including candys, cookies, and fruit.

The standard flavors are:

Sweet Cream, Just Vanilla, Mexican Vanilla, Coffee, White Chocolate, Belgian Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate.

There are many seasonal and experimental flavors as well, but I have only seen a few of them and have only tried one, which was Black Velvet(Dark Chocolate and Rum)

Two of the experimental flavors I would love to try are Guinness and Shiner Bock.

You can also get yogurts and smoothies at Amy's.

The prices for the ice creams are:

$2.75 for a tiny(child size)

$3.57 for a small

$4.39 for a large

Our favorites??????

Mine is Mexican Vanilla with Junior Mints.

My wife loves Belgian Chocolate with strawberries(they are fresh, no syrup).

Amy's truly is heaven for your taste buds. We have flown to Austin just to get some and did not even have to leave the airport.

I guess we are lucky that it is far away so we don't get tired of it or get fat from eating too much!
The menu
Our treats! Mexican Vanilla, with…
svenman99 says:
I´ve been so many times to the Quarry and didn´t know about that place - ooops We´ll since i´m back to town first week of Nov i´m gonna go there. thanks Jeremy ;-)
Posted on: Sep 01, 2008
Amy792 says:
I may just have to go to San Antonio just to try this ice cream!!!
Posted on: Aug 17, 2008
TYoungTX says:
Have to love Amy's! Good review.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Amy's Ice Creams

A weekend getaway.
San Antonio is by far our favorite US city.  I have been 6 times and we even tried to relocate there once. Northwest started nonstop flights from Indianapolis to San Antonio on May 2, so of cou…San Antonio.  Once again, we could not pass up an Amy's Ice Cream for dessert! On Sunday, we headed…

Check San Antonio Hotel Deals