Amrit Lounge

Oranienburger Stra├če, Berlin, Germany

Amrit Lounge Berlin Reviews

skiathos skiathos
Indian restaurant in Mitte, great atmosphere, open-air dining Aug 29, 2011
Great food, great service, a fabulous open-air dining experience in a superb, chilled atmosphere.

There are several of these restaurants in Berlin, however the one I know is in the district of Mitte, just up the road from the golden-domed Neue Synagoge (New Jewish Synagogue).

Great food, and lots of it, at very reasonable prices - excellent value. The waiters are very efficient, professional and friendly. Comfortable seating throughout and the distinctive decor lends to the general ambiance.

I've only ever been here in the summer, when the restaurant is open-air and my preference is to absorb the atmosphere on a warm summer night from the one of the pavement tables, as you can watch all the passers-by from here, whilst chilling out with a red wine, soft lighting and music.

The inner dining area is also outdoor and part-canopied. On match days there are TV screens, so you can follow the football whilst enjoying your meal.

You are in the red light district here, but then so is most of central Mitte. This shouldn't put you off at all, as the place is full of tourists and locals. I've always felt very safe here as a single woman trundling about in the evening, just stick to the main streets, as these are people-busy and well lit.
skiathos says:
For any one interested in reviews from local Berliners.
Posted on: Aug 29, 2011
viciousv04 says:
I love the area. Just had the food, and didn't like it compared to other Indian restaurants in Berlin. My food was pre-made and must have not been warmed up enough? So, I could never eat there again. Cool atmosphere though. I heard the one in Kreuzberg is better? Still have not tried it though. I do LOVE Indian food!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011
skiathos says:
hehe.. I've visited Berlin 6 times, at least, and still found it charming..perhaps I'm easily pleased..lol
Posted on: Aug 26, 2011