Ampang Recreational Forest

Lembah Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Ampang Recreational Forest Selangor Reviews

Aurora78 Aurora78
Is that water I hear.............? Aug 03, 2010
Virtually unknown to outsiders, Taman Rimba Ampang (Ampang Recreational Forest) or fondly known as Bukit Belacan by the locals lies 13.5 km east of central Kuala Lumpur. It is easily accessible and one of the best place to go to escape the hustle & bustle of the concrete jungle (Kuala Lumpur). If you’re a nature lover or fancy a picnic and you only have a day or a few hours to spare, this is the place to go. Of course, there are quite a number of picnic areas / waterfalls in Selangor but I think this is one of the closest spot to KL city.

How to get there:

1. By train: Take the Rapid KL train (Ampang line) from the Masjid Jamek station and get off at the last station which is Ampang itself. From here, you could either take a taxi directly there or take a bus to Lembah Jaya Utara (Metro bus number 28 – you have to cross the road to get to the bus stop though). However, if you choose to take the bus, you’ll have to walk a bit farther up to get to the picnic spot.

2. Take the Metro bus from KL itself (near Kotaraya area) and yes, you still have to walk a lil bit… about 20-30 minutes, more or less.

3. Buzz me and I’ll drive you there! If I happen to be available at the time, that is. :)

This is the place I go to for a quick de-stress session – swim in the cool and cold (bbrrr!) clear water or just sit there and look at trees, listen to the flows of the water and watch the monkeys. However, I must warn you… it’s difficult to resist the temptation to jump into the water and stay in until your fingers turn blue and wrinkle like dried prunes. :P. For me, at least! To maintain the cleanliness of the surrounding area, cars are not allowed to enter the picnic spot. There is a parking space right before the entrance gate. Park your car there and walk. To gain access, there is a small fee of RM1.00 to be paid.

While walking, you’ll probably encounter a monkey or two… most probably more than 10, if you’re lucky! Hehe. It is not advisable to feed them. You may create a riot by doing that! As long as you leave these wonderful creatures alone, you should be OK.

Oh... did I mention that I live nearby…?…about 10 minutes or so by car. :) How lucky am I?
I love this tree.
My favourite hang out spot.
amazed says:
another tempting place - hope to make it there when i visit soon
Posted on: Aug 21, 2016
Aurora78 says:
Hahaha.. yelah tu. Tempat ni memang well preserved. Memang best.
Posted on: Sep 05, 2010
ikram1299 says:
Yanti, inilah review terbaik aku baca ari ni!!!!.
When I was boy, my father brought me here every week. Nak pegi Templer Park, jauh. Tak sangka well preserved..lepak sini berkelah lepas raya rumah kau ramai2 pun OK. Gian jugak ni, nak tiruk !!! Apa kata survey...:)
Posted on: Aug 30, 2010