Amorino - Glaces Italiennes

Paris, France

Amorino - Glaces Italiennes Paris Reviews

narcymai narcymai
Chocolate overload May 26, 2012
I came to the Amorino in Paris in the middle of January this year seeking something delicious to warm me up. The weather was indeed frightful and it was the perfect nose-nipping temperature for some hot chocolate.

The italian cafe of Amorino was a beacon of hope. I entered to see quite the line of people harboring the same idea as me. From the menu, you could choose from more than several different types of chocolates that ranged from the normal dark to hazelnut to chili pepper chocolate. When I finally got up to the counter, I meekly ordered a small cup of dark hot chocolate and a piece of cake and proceeded to shuffle around the small cafe.

The atmosphere is pretty average and exactly how you would imagine a small chain cafe in Paris to be. There was comfortable seating (for those lucky first people) and enough lighting to give books a chance. I watched the hot chocolate machines spinning the melted chocolate in front of me for just a few minutes before my order was done.

When I finally received my hot chocolate, the aroma was to die for. You could really taste the quality of the chocolate used and the texture was so thick, creamy, and smooth. It was one of the best hot chocolate experiences that I have had. My only complaint was that it felt like way too much chocolate at times and I felt like I was drinking pure chocolate.
A small dark hot chocolate from Am…
Ambrosial Ambrosial
One of the best really! May 28, 2011
Amorino's glace is seriously one of the best I've ever tasted. I've never tried anything so unique! They're everywhere in Paris and all over France too. Compared to the regular glaces you would get in a typical Paris restaurant, Amorino is way more worth the money and definitely tastes better too.

The thing about it that I find interesting is the fact that it's shaped in such a way that it looks like a flower and also the fact that you get to choose as many flavors that as you like. Bear in mind that the more flavors you choose, the less of each flavor you would get.

Personally, I'd say 3 or 4 flavors per Grand cone would be great. Try not to pick too many flavors especially if you're taking the cones in smaller sizes, 10 different flavors melting and mixing with one another in a single cone isn't exactly elegant, if you know what I mean.

Try to avoid the booths in crowded and very touristy areas because because there will be too many customers and the staff would be rushing to serve everyone at the same time. You'll usually end up getting an ugly-shaped ice cream and a lot smaller than they should be too.

I actually thought that Amorino was based in Italy but it's actually only founded by two Italians who were based in France. Everyone who visits Paris should at least try this once. You can also get the glaces in cups but have a try at the cone too because the flower-shaped ones are only with cones.
Look at this and tell me you're no…
All the different kinds of flavors…
This is as big as the Grand cone A…
The best Gelato ever!
Vipin says:
ah, thanks for the tip! i'm off there tmow so will try and make the time to pop down here!
Ambrosial says:
Aha, you should Vipin! They're friggin awesome haha. There's one in London at Old Compton Street.
Vipin says:
it looks pretty good but i'll have to check it out next time just to be sure!
justasec justasec
Spec-u what? Jul 04, 2011
This one I have to thank my buddy Julz for. I saw this gelato establishment everywhere, and never bothered to go since I figured it was easily accessible, and could always go later..

Yea, so you should go now. Julz told me about speculous, and I was like whaaa? That sounds dumb, blah blah blah. Well let me tell you she was right again, she never steers me wrong!

She told me speculous was a popular cookie, (a kind of gingerbread flavor, similar to biscoff, which I love) and that Amorino had a pretty darn good gelato flavor hilighting this cookie. And boy was it yummy!!!

Everything they have there is great, but if you're in Paris, definitely try this flavor at least once! It's fantastic to have so many locations everywhere, all offering delicious, quality gelato and other sweets; no wonder people never want to leave Paris!!
shirly6 shirly6
Best Ice-Cream May 12, 2011
I've been to this ice cream parlor near the Jardin du Luxembourg but there are many in Paris (and not just Paris for that matter).

I'm not a big fan of ice-creams but it was a really hot day and we were looking for something cold and passed by the store.

I don't remember the exact flavours i choose but the mango is really really good!! And the big plus is that you can ask for as many flavors as you want.

I really recommend going there, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Amorino
HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Exquisite taste and texture Sep 07, 2009
I visited the Amorino Le Marais. I was with a fellow traveler at this stop, and one who spoke a bit more French than I did. Speaking more French than I do is not a big accomplishment, but she was pretty good with her language skills.

She knew enough of me to be sure that I wanted chocolate gelato, at the very least. She ordered for me a small cup of gelato, chocolate was one of the 2 flavors and some kind of caramel flavored thing was the second. My ability to say chocolate in French is pretty good, but caramel is something I wouldn’t even know where to begin with.

We found a bench not far from Amorino to enjoy our gelato, and was it ever good. Good eats, good company, a fabulous city, and being in the midst of the trip of my lifetime was about as good as it gets.
mchesus mchesus
Apr 30, 2007
Love. Love in my heart. In 2005 I spent six weeks in France, and this is the thing I remember best. Recently (April 2007) I went back to Paris with my sister. I brought her here the first day we arrived. We trekked to Saint Louis En Ile, and passed Berthillion, the travel book favorite. Not to be an ice cream snob, but I don't think it's that excellent. I was nervous taking my sister to Amorino after having talked it up so much, but she was not disappointed. We had just come from Rome, and this is far better gelato than anything we had there. Or in my opinion, anywhere. 4 Euros for a medium, which is completely split-able. We enjoyed Nutella and Fraise many times!

Amorino has something like 12 locations all across Paris (it has really grown!) and is always crowded with locals. My favorite Amorino is either on Rue Montorgueil or rue Saint Louis en L’Ile. Or maybe rue Vieille du Temple.
Maureenie says:
ATTENTION: THIS IS THE SISTER SPEAKING, AND HOLY JESUS THIS IS THE BEST GELATO I HAVE EVER HAD. IT IS SO GOOD, I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPITALS. SERIOUSLY!!! IF YOU ARE IN PARIS AND DON'T GO, I WILL BE REALLY SAD FOR YOU.
Posted on: May 02, 2007
Eric says:
Better than Rome? I'll definitely have to try this place out then ;)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2007
tocca tocca
Probably the best ice-creams in Paris ! Jul 08, 2006
If you're looking for a great "gelateria" in Paris, this is the place you need to go to !

Amorino was created in Paris by two italians (specialists in gelati !), and ice-creams are still made in the rules of art ! With organic ingredients (natural fruits, natural eggs, ...), their taste is incomparable : for example, raspberry ice-cream makes you feel like you're eating real raspberries in your own garden. Moreover, there's a very large choice (and some very unusual but delicious flavours !), so you can mix flavours to get incredible ice-creams ! And last, but no least, the way the ice-creams are served is just lovely : either in a pot (classical...), in a cornet "flower style" (with petals made of ice-cream, it's so beautiful you'd like to keep it for the only pleasure of the eyes ! but a minute later, everything lies in your stomach...), or into a delicious brioche (focaccina) !

So go and taste it, you won't regret it !

Check Paris Hotel Deals