Oudegraacht, Utrecht, Netherlands

Amor Utrecht Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Oct 20, 2007
Restaurant Amor is a Tapas and Spanish bar on the Oudgraacht in Utrecht (not the one I found on my first night, a different one). Tapas for two, water and a half litre of wine came to about 25-30€ each, which seems to be about average for the area.

Service was a little on the confused side, but I think that was more due to the fact that my Dutch is so bad rather than it being their fault. The waitress did need a couple of reminders to bring the dessert menu, but it's not like we were in any sort of a hurry so I didn't think it was a problem. The food was excellent; we had chicken in a cream sauce, prawns, bread, little sausages, meatballs, patatas bravas, fries (chips), roast vegetables, and it was all excellent. The sauces in particular were really good. The house white wine was really nice too.

This is a good place to eat, although not if you've arranged to meet people afterwards.
sarahelaine says:
I prefer long dinners too - I hate arranging to meet anyone after dinner. I just also think it's worth warning people - it saves them hastling the waitress when she think''s she's letting someone take their time!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2007
travelman727 says:
Great review! Being from the U.S., I appreciate long, lingering dinners :-) Here, we starting honking our horns when the drive-thru restaurant takes more than a minute with a customer.
Posted on: Oct 23, 2007