Amish Country Inn Bed & Breakfast

Check Seymour Hotel Deals

Amish Country Inn Bed & Breakfast Seymour Reviews

o_dog o_dog
Amish Country Inn Bed & Breakfast Jun 20, 2008
I found out about the inn after researching lodgings around Mansfield, MO. The inn had a website – so, it was a plus to learn everything about their business and service prior to making the reservation. And as I had expected, the place was charming. It had only 4 guest rooms. My room was called ‘Willow Room’ which had a full size four-post bed, a TV, AC, an antique dresser, and a private bath. The room was cozy and clean. It was very nice, just like any standard accommodation elsewhere. I got settled quickly. The sun set at about 8:30 p.m. and then there it was: the nighttime mating song of the frogs. I couldn’t remember the last time I heard frogs singing outside my bedroom at night. It was exceptional for me, and I liked it. Those frogs lulled me to sleep.

The inn offered breakfast, but the innkeeper told me that breakfast was served at 9. I didn’t say anything at the time, but couldn’t help but talking to myself: who would eat breakfast at that time? And it was about 7 in the morning and I was ready to eat! Well, since there was nothing else I could do about it – unless I offered myself to prepare my own breakfast in the kitchen and would probably end up cooking for all the guests – I started packing up my stuff into the car and walked around the property taking photos.

The property sat on a piece of grassland. I didn’t see any farm right around the inn. Maybe there was one farther off, but there were only a couple of local stores across from the inn, a garage, and an old barn. The morning view was beautiful, though. The trees, the sky, and morning breeze. Somebody was mowing the lawn, and the smell of freshly-cut grass overcame the front yard. There was a pond in front of the inn and a small seating area by it. I just took rounds of photos until it was 9 o’clock. Time for breakfast, yay!

I guess the time spent for waiting was worth it. Breakfast was hearty and delicious. The innkeeper’s wife had prepared homemade hash brown with green pepper, scrambled eggs, toast, and homemade berry jam. She made me a nice cup of tea. The whole time she called me ‘sissy’ or ‘honey’ or ‘sweetie’. I thought it was very sweet of her. She asked me how I slept last night, etc. I told her I did and that I loved my room and that she did a good job with the inn by keeping the room clean and cozy. I also told her that I would recommend the inn to my friends.
The Amish Country inn
the bed
the TV and little rocking chair
the bathroom