Amethyst's Beach Motel

Check Point Pleasant Hotel Deals

Amethyst's Beach Motel Point Pleasant Reviews

india22 india22
Not a vacation spot- Not worth the money Sep 07, 2011
I called to confirm my reservations, and inquire how Huricane Irene affected this motel and I was told everything was fine. When I arrived I was given a room that had been under water. After speaking to the front desk I was told the first floor was under water and the second flor was also affected, the roof was leaking. My room was moist, full of mildew and SMELLY. On top of that this place looks like it has never had any renovations or upgrades. Their website has only positive reviews because if you give them a review upon booking they will give you a discount. This is not a vacation spot, the towel look like cleaning rags, their is no wi-fi, the picture in the internet must had been taken 50 years ago because this place is run down. I am embarassed to say that I slept on those beds and used their covers. As far as their breakfeast, One bagel. The only good thing this place has is that it is walking distance to the boardwalk. It was like stepping back into time.

Also the parking attendant was disrespectful with the kids, it is not a family motel. I bought it to the managers attention and I was told "he did not mean it".
india22 says:
I agree with you 100% I stood here over labor day weekend this year and I was disgusted and disappointed,this is not a vacation spot. The only reason they have good reviews on their page is because they give u a discount if you leave a review when you make the reservations.
Dont waste your hard earned money, this place is old, dirty the man with the beard is terrible person who does not have a problem bullying men, women or kids. The only thing does is apologize for him. No worth the money, the sheets are yellow, the beds smell and they have bugs

Posted on: Sep 15, 2011
india22 says:
I also was tricked by the picture.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2011