Americas Best Value Inn Marquette

- Free continental breakfast

- Free parking

- There's a pool [although I wouldn't recommend swimming in it :S]

Negatives:

-No one at front desk when I arrived... had to call some lady :S

-Room was gross, smelt like smoke which was hilarious cuz the lady at front desk kept emphasizing that I should go outside to smoke

-Sheets had B.O./ weird smell. I felt soo dirty after sleeping here lol

-Was quite obvious it hadn't been visited/ cleaned properly in a long while

- Mold spots everywhere

-Bathroom was unbelievably outdated [badly in need of renos]. Sink was OUTSIDE of the bathroom, which made it very awkward with brushing teeth etc in the room

- Very noisy as it was beside main highway roadside

tv area
stinky beds
sink outside bathroom :S
sitting area
tour_guy tour_guy
Reasonably priced freeway hotel Jun 07, 2011
I got this hotel through the priceline reservation for a very reasonable rate compared to the other hotels on that location. This hotel is located little outside the Marquette city area, but not too far and it only takes less than 10mins to get to downtown Marquette.

The hotel is just off the freeway in the intersection of Rt 41 and Rt 23, which I felt very convenient after a long drive. This hotel was categorized as 2-star hotel in priceline.

There are not many things outside/nearby this hotel except for a gas station, McDonald's just opposite to the hotel, Pizza delivery just 2 blocks away and a food store. But downtown Marquette is only 10-15mins drive and there are plenty of places to shop and eat.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel offers a standard complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi and has an indoor pool. It has only one floor and rooms were not that bad, but looked dated.

The room I was given had 2 double beds which were reasonably comfortable with clean sheets. Mattress and pillows were good. The bathroom obviously looked old with sink outside the bath, but it everything was clean. The flush was not good as it was old and it did not have enough water pressure. Hot water and shower pressure was good enough.

The breakfast is just the basic with breads, waffles, juices and coffee. Coffee tasted good though!

I stayed there for couple of nights, and it was very quiet and safe.

I might try elsewhere next time as this hotel needs an upgrade and the rate seems bit expensive for that location.
ola3rd ola3rd
Sep 29, 2011
Got a great deal through hotels.com with the last minute discount it came up to about $60 total for one night. There is absolutely nothing impressive about this inn; for some reason I thought it was an actual hotel based on reviews/ website etc... come to find out it is just a sketchy motel like the rest. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone; they obviously do not care about the upkeeping of their rooms whatsoever.

Americas Best Value Inn Marquette Overview

The Americas Best Value Inn Marquette includes more of what you want when traveling in the Upper Penisula. Complimentary wireless internet access in all guest rooms - we have it. Free deluxe continental breakfast - enjoy it every morning. Indoor pool and hot tub - YES. Pet friendly rooms - call ahead to reserve them. Winter Plug-ins, Ski wax room and space for snow mobile trailers - yes, Yes and YES.

The Americas Best Value Inn Marquette is your best choice in the Upper Peninsula during winter or summer. We are only a short distance from family biking and hiking trails, trout and salmon fishing and direct access to the best snowmobile trails, downhill skiing, cross country skiing and shore activities on beautiful Lake Superior. And don*t forget -we offer the best value for students of Northern Michigan University and their families.

We also offer outstanding corporate and group rates and if you are looking to head over to the Ojibwa Casino - we have a package for that too … Plus a free shuttle provided by the casino.

Most importantly, we pride ourselves on our GREAT SERVICE…we could tell you about it, but we would rather you read our reviews on TripAdvisor. com and then come see for yourself. Everything we do at the Americas Best Value Inn Marquette is driven by our desire to provide exceptional service, dedication to detail and a friendly, comfortable environment. Join our family at the Americas Best Value Inn Marquette - You Deserve It.

Americas Best Value Inn Amenities

• Lake
  • Photocopier
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub