Americas Best Value Inn Battle Creek

Americas Best Value Inn Battle Creek Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Run-down place which is much affortable, but a stay-away place !!! Aug 22, 2015
!!! Beware !!!

I really don't know how or where to start, but definitely for rating purpose I would like to give this hotel less than a star, if it was possible!

It's not about my hatred on this hotel, it was just the way it happened to be first of all. I have stayed at other Americas Best Value Inn at other locations, but never had a problem and even I liked it.

But this time I regret that I made a mistake booking a secret deal from Hotwire.com, which eventually landed me at this hotel location. Since it was a non-refundable deal and I didn't wanted to look around other places after a tiring road trip day, I was literally stuck there in the late evening!

Everything was so good until I checked-in, the staff was very friendly, the lobby looked decent for the type of budget motel, request for ground floor room all taken care of.

The moment I open the room door, I realized a strong room fresher smell to offset the bad odor inside the room. The air conditioner was set to the coolest possible, but I kind of noticed that something not right.

The room looked very old all over and bathroom is the one which gave me a biggest shock. The bathtub was so ugly with cracks and stains! I was completely over with that room right that moment and requested a room change and staff understood that and made another key for a different room another side of the building. The 2nd room was "Accessible" room type. That room was bit better than the previous one and had a huge bathroom and the bathtub was bit better than the previous one though it had small cracks and some stains! I was about to unwind and settle, but some how I felt the bad odor and it wasn't going off my mind. I tried to use my own electric room fresher, but it wasn't doing much. Also, the room was way further away from the building and looked little shady and I was questioning myself about the safety. The room phone hook-up was broken, so no communication to the front-desk just in case. Then I tried to connect to the hotel wi-fi, but I wasn't able to see any signal.

At that time I was almost gave up and decided to check-out and move to different hotel. I went to the front desk to talk to the staff and explained the situation. The staff then showed me another room with good wi-fi signal, but again everything else was not so good! At that point I made a statement that I will just move out since I don't feel comfortable and as a final request I asked if there are any nice rooms upstairs. The staff agreed to make a key for a room in the 2nd floor which I took it later because it was way better than other 3 rooms!

Finally, I moved all my stuffs to the fourth room and by the time I was settling and hitting the bed, I was totally shocked looking at the stains on the inside bed sheets! It was about 10pm and did not know what to do, but tried to figure out how to get some sleep to continue my long drive the next day. The only idea I had is to remove all the sheets and then flip the bed comforter inside out without covering my face while sleeping.

The next bad thing I noticed is the light above the sink wasn't working, so I had no idea how clean the sink would have been!...The sink tap was loose as well..everything was a turnoff!

With little hope I decided to get some rest and get out as soon as possible. The next morning I just took a quick shower and I was on my way out.

I noticed some people were standing and talking through late night in the parking lots, which kind of freaked me, but nothing happened during my stay.

If it wasn't for the sake of hot water shower, I would have rather slept in the car in some highway rest area. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone unless you are OK with issues I have reported.

I later looked at the reviews on this hotel and no wonder many people suggested to stay away from this trap!

I normally don't write lengthy hotel reviews, but I thought this would bring some awareness to avoid this place!

P.S: Don't get fooled by looking at the hotel photos I took during my stay!!!
Nana_gincin says:
Congrats on your featured review too! :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2015
Nana_gincin says:
All a bad night adventure :/
Posted on: Aug 24, 2015
tour_guy says:
Vikram, BTW, it was creepy and I did not want to over exaggerate! It was a complete mess :) Lesson learned now...:) Thanks for the comment!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2015

Americas Best Value Inn Battle Creek Overview

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Americas Best Value Inn Battle Creek offers spacious rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. Guests have the option of choosing a non-smoking room. Guests looking for inclusive accommodation will be happy to know the hotel caters to mobility and wheelchair access.

Goguac Lake, American Museum of Magic and C. O. Brown Stadium are within driving distance of the Americas Best Value Inn Battle Creek. W K Kellogg Regional Airport (BTL) is a 20 minute drive from the hotel. Kingman Museum can be reached with a 20 minute drive. The centre of Battle Creek is 20 minutes away by car. Binder Park Zoo and Kellogg Arena are under 10 minutes away by car.

Americas Best Value Inn Amenities

• Water Activities
  • Fishing
  • Hiking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor