American Cowboy

Chongqu, China

American Cowboy Chongqu Reviews

Chemosh Chemosh
funny name/great food Mar 09, 2011
We were suprised by the name and had to check it out. The owner or manager who could speak only a few words of english was a good salesman. Herded us thru his resturant and showed us his buffet line to pick our ingredients. I started out with mostly fruit and some mushrooms. He took umbridge that I had not picked out meats and stuff to use on the table top grills that are on every table. I could not make him understand I was just starting!! He was trying so hard to be helpful. He got some kid in another booth to translate for him (very funny!). After that he got one of his wait staff to come over and throw a bunch of ingrediants on the grill in the middle of the table. She threw all kinds of spices on the meat and veggies she had gathered from the buffet and went to cooking since we had not done it yet...again very fun. The manger even tried to throw my mushrooms on the grill ..I had to keep stopping him telling him I want them RAW!! He finally gave up or understood. The grilled food was great. We left smiling and full and the manager beaming that he knew we liked it.

I still have no idea why it was called American Cowboy .....But I would go back in a heartbeat just because of the manager and his "cook"..they were fun.
Chongqu Map